Chapter 5

It has to be at least 11. I'm too lazy to roll over and check though. My sister is probably already awake. But there are no noises coming from her side of the room. That strikes me as suspicious. She snores, there should be at least that if she's still here. I roll, over, grunting with effort. I can't believe what I see! I'm out of my bed and over, across the room, to her bed in a matter of seconds.
"What are you doing!" I exclaim, grabbing my phone out of her hands. She bursts into laughter.
"Nothing. Except disabling your phone. Ha! I don't have your password remember?" She grins at me mischievously.
"I can't believe I fell for that. The world is falling apart around me!" My sister laughs.
"Calm down. Maybe the fact that he texted you back yesterday, has something do with you being so gullible today." She deduces, trailing off.
"Shut up!" I grumble, hiding my smile. I climb back into my bed, and disappear under the covers. I literally probably look like a giant blob. I try to sleep, but I can't now, I'm just too wide awake. Thanks a lot Sam! But she did help me yesterday, sorta. I can hear her typing on her ipad. I'm not sure what she's doing though. I re-appear, out from under my blankets.
"And poof!" Sam says. "It magically appears out from the land of blankets. Be careful kids, this monster here will attack if provoked, especially if you mention her bed head!" My sister says into a pretend microphone. I don't even know how she knew I sat up. Or why she decided on that interesting narration.
"You're so funny!" I throw a pillow at her. It hits her, square in the face.
"Well now you're not getting it back!" She sticks her tung out at me, and hugs the pillow tightly.
"Ok good. I don't need or want it back. I threw one of yours!" She looks down at the pillow, realization spreading over her face.
"Whoops." Her face turning a blushing pink. We start giggling. It must have been pretty loud, because soon our dad sticks his head into the room.
"You too are up earlier then usual. Got something interesting planned for today?" My sister, and I share a look.
"No, just planning out the rest of the decorations for our room, and unpacking." I reply, making sure to keep it sounding casual.
"Alright then. Have fun!" He turns and leaves, whistling as he goes. The door shuts behind him.
"Nothing interesting my butt!" My sister exclaims. "We need to set you up on a date!"
"Ah, how about just seeing him in person again first? And you should probably come too. Just in case you know?"
"Sure." She replies sarcastically. I grad my phone and unlock it using the fingerprint reader. I open my chat with J. I decide to keep it simple.

K: hey, what's up? Ik you said you were busy today, so just ignore this if you can't talk rn :)

A new message from him pops up almost instantaneously.

J: nm you? And its cool, I'm not doing anything right now anyways.

K: just finishing some unpacking, today's looking pretty bleak

J: sounds boring! I'm on set all day today.

The conversation starts to dwindle, so I decided to end it for now

K: cool! It sounds like a lot of fun :) unfortunately I have to go, my brother is having a video game problem? Idk. Ttyl

J: haha sounds interesting, gl with that ;) bye

I close my messages. I don't need to get the last word in. Besides I like seeing the last message in the chat being from him, somehow it makes me feel accomplished. I can't explain it. I realize I should probably email Karly. I haven't spoken to her in awhile. I sit down at my desk and open up my laptop. The browser is still open, so all I have to do is log back into my email. There's 2 new ones, both from Karly. One's a short reply to mine, basically saying she's happy for me, and to contact her as often as possible. But the other I only got 10 minutes ago
"I'll be online for the next half an hour, skype me if you have time." I decide to do it right away since I feel bad for practically ignoring her recently. I had become pretty distracted with the move, and everything else going on. I open skype. The little green symbol is lit up on her profile. I put my headset on and mouse over the call button. I stop for a second.
"Sam don't mention you know who ok? I don't want Karly to know yet." Sam looks at me a bit confused, but she doesn't question it. I hit the call button, it rings for about 15 seconds, before Karly picks up.
"Heyyyy!" she says, her face popping up on my computer screen. I smile.
"Hi!" I giggle. It feels nice to see her again, even if it's only through a computer screen.
"What's up?" She asks.
"Not much. Just doing some finishing touches on our room before we start school tomorrow!" Karly had started homeschooling the year before, so she was able to talk right now.
"Oh cool! Perhaps you can give me the grand tour?" she wiggles her eyebrows. I giggle.
"Sure! Just let me call you back on my iPad!" she hangs up and I open the Skype app on the tablet and call her. She picks up immediately. I switch from my headset to my earbuds, unlike my computer, my iPad actually has a pretty good microphone.
"Hi!" Karly waves through the screen.
"Hi." I laugh. "So here's our room!" I show her our room, and then the rest of the house. By the time I'm done and back in my room, the clock on Skype says 30 minutes have passed.
"I loved the tour!" Karly says, giggling.
"Wasn't it beautiful?" I ask, giggling with her. She smiles, but then her eyes look at something else off camera, that I can't see.
"Oh shoot. I have to go!" She says.
"Bye!" The video closes, and she's gone. I turn to my sister, who's sitting at her desk, typing on her ipad.
"That was fun."
"I'm glad." She says in a flat tone. She doesn't even look up from her ipad.
"Everything ok?" I ask. She's normally pretty cheerful. I walk over to her, I can see what she's been working on all his time. It's her big time rush fanfic. She loves that thing, a lot of people read it. I don't understand why she seems so upset. "Sam? What's wrong?" I ask, my face creased with concern.
"Nothing!" she quickly locks her iPad and shoves it, face down onto the desk. I drop the subject. Something's clearly bugging her, but I know if she doesn't want me to know, she'll never tell me.
"Sam!" my dad yells from downstairs. "Did you still want to go get stuff for school?"
"I'll be down in a minute." she calls back. She grabs her sweater off her chair, and her phone off her desk. She stands up and leaves without giving me another look. Did I do something wrong? I bite my lip. This while situation is weird, I've never seen her act like this. She's normally always happy, and excited. I hear the front door slam, and my dad's car pull out of the driveway. I'm home alone now. My mom took my brother to get his hair cut. I look over at Sam's ipad. I walk over and pick it up. I instantly feel guilty, but I need to know whats going on. I remember her password and punch it in. Her fanfic fills the screen, there's nothing abnormal there, no comments or anything weird. I double click and see what app she was in last. Its Instagram, I open the app. I'm shocked to see its a personal account. I didn't even know she had a personal one, just fan ones, I thought. I look at her profile, she's put her fan account handle in her bio, so people from her fan one have probably seen this. There's only one picture, its a cute selfie, clearly taken in our new bathroom. I click on it. The caption reads; "First day in our new house!"
There's a couple of comments so I scroll down. I don't recognize any of them as her friends from our old place. But there is one that sticks out.
"Ur ugly! Stick to hiding behind ur fan account. No one cares about u" I can't believe what I just read. No wonder Sam was so shaken up. I don't know what to do, but I need to talk to somebody. Most of my friends will be in school, so I can't text them, and my sister will kill me if I tell our parents. A thought pops into my head. I grab my phone and open one of my chats.

K: hey

I wait a few minutes, there's no answer. So I grab my ipad and start binge watching Henry Danger. Cause what other show is better?