ɪᴠ.

♡

oikawa was outside 7-11, honey buddha chips and dr pepper in his arms.

he opened one of his bags and held it between his side and forearm. he chewed slowly, admiring the passing cars as his whole back was engulfed in the light from inside the 7-11.

the wonderful taste of the honey buddha chips was the most beautiful thing he had ever experienced.

he sat on the curb and tightened his jacket before adding another chip to his mouth. he opened his dr. pepper and sipped it.

he loved the contrasting feeling on us tongue when the two junk foods mixed in his mouth.

oikawa's hair was dancing in the wind and he was enjoying the taste when someone in a black hoodie and black sweatpants walked into the 7-11.

he shrugged it off because he didn't actually care, and stood to walk back home. he wanted to take a short stroll to clear his head, and doing this was the best way.

oikawa stuffed another chip in his mouth and took another swig of dr pepper before he closed both the bottle and the bag.

the stranger in the black hoodie came back out saying, "see ya at home, b/n [brothers name]."

oikawa tensed before starting to walk away when curiosity took him over. he turned and saw the stranger without the hood.

the stranger had tensed as well, and was holding her own bag of honey buddha chips. and the stranger wasn't a stranger at all. it was the girl he was currently infatuated with. y/n.

oikawa raised a brow as he frowned, not expecting this at all.

"what?" you snapped.

oikawa's heart clenched, though he didn't show that. he had never heard your voice before, and he was happy he did now.

"i didn't.. think i'd see you..?" oikawa smirked playfully, keeping his brow raised.

"i'm here everyday." you replied with an eye roll.

oikawa opened his dr pepper and held it out for you. "goes good with the glorious chips," he shrugged.

you tried not to crack a smile at the tall boy. he could tell. you grabbed the bottle and took a small sip as oikawa reopened his bag and handed you a crisp honey buddha chip.

"that's... that's wow." you said as you tasted the flavor. oikawa agreed as he took the bottle from you and enjoyed his own bite. "you're the setter, yeah?"

he loved your voice. he just barely got to hear it a minute ago, but he loved it. "that's me, and i'm captain." he bragged.

you rolled your eyes as you opened your bag of chips. "so i've heard."

oikawa's smile slipped, and his pose went neutral.

"i'll see you at school tomorrow." you said as you stepped away slowly.

oikawa only nodded. as you walked away he pulled out his phone and texted you. he rolled his bag closed and walked in the opposite direction.

20:12 | ??:
heeeyyy

20:12 | heartstealer:
hi

20:12 | ??:
whatcha doin

20:12 | heartstealer:
walking home

20:12 | ??:
is it a nice walk

20:12 | heartstealer:
it's interesting walking the
opposite direction as cars that
are facing towards you

20:12 | ??:
i bet

20:12 | heartstealer:
it's kinda cold

20:13 | ??:
i would give you my jacket

20:13 | heartstealer:
that's sweet

20:13 | ??:
i would give you the world
ngl 🧡🔗

20:13 | heartstealer:
what's with the kurapika
chain wtf...?

20:13 | ??:
did u just say wtf?

20:13 | heartstealer:
yes

20:13 | ??:
are you opening up
to me :)

20:14 | heartstealer:

20:14  | ??:awww do you like me now

20:14 | ??:
awww do you like me now

20:15 | heartstealer:
i have to cross the street

20:15 | ??:
same

20:15 | heartstealer:
...

20:15 | heartstealer:
goodbye then

20:13 | ??:
bye!!! love you
<3
read

oikawa felt his face erupt in varies of shades of pink.
he stood at the stop light staring at his phone which was now turned off. he put his phone away and touched his face with both hands.

what did he just type. he crossed the street cautiously as he hugged himself.

it was a mistake, right?
because his only love was volleyball anyways.

please wash your hands frequently
and stay home ! !