♡

"y/n-chan~! i came to eat lunch with youuu!" a tall brunette sang very loudly as he strode over to you very gracefully.

"uh... hello." you said as the brunette sat in front of you.

"what are you having for lunch?" oikawa asked enthusiastically as he pulled out a bento wrapped in a cloth with dogs.

"a sandwich." you said in a bored voice before taking a bite out of said sandwich.

"how yummy, y/n-chan~?"

you chewed, swallowed, then took another bite.

"are you ignoring me, y/n-chan?" oikawa asked as he unwrapped his cute bento.

you made a 'hmph' sound before finally looking at him in the eye. "no, i'm not."

"yay!! do you want to hang out after school today, y/n-chan? what-"

"oikawa, why are you talking to me?" you said with an eye roll as you pushed your hair behind your ear.

"please y/n-chan! call me tooru or oikawa-kun at least."

you gave up at that point and just ignored him as he kept talking.

"so i was thinking we could go to the gym after school so i can teach you that jump serve. and after we can get ramen or something. tobio-chan once recommended me a cheep restaurant, well because he's cheep. anyways, we should go together after i teach you the serve. and after we eat i can drop you off at your home-"

"oikawa... the bell rang." you said reluctantly as you stood.

"so it did." he said as he stared at his just barely unwrapped bento. "i'll get you after class, then."

"are you going to eat that?" you asked as oikawa stood, too.

oikawa shrugged "i'll give it to iwa-chan."

you nodded, and then walked with oikawa to your class.

"y/n?" he said as you got to the classroom door.

you hummed your response as you opened the door and stepped in.

"y-you uh," oikawa's face was coated with a small pink, but you were probably just imagining it. "you look nice."

"thanks..?"

oikawa pursed his lips and sped away to his seat.

"y\N!"

"kindaichi. isn't your class on the other side of the building?"

the tall boy hesitated, "yea.... but someone told me oikawa-san was going to take you on a date, sO i'm here to stop him."

"he's not taking me on a date... when was that established?"

you looked over at the open door of the classroom that everyone had filed out of. everyone but you and a few other students.

those students consisted of oikawa, three girls who were blushing madly (talking to oikawa), kindaichi, and you.

kindaichi wasn't even in your year, nor your classroom building.

there was too much silence between you and kindaichi, who were both having a staring contest.

"oh by the way." onion top said after a while. "they're going to start quarantining us."

"oh..... don't care."

kindaichi scratched the back of his neck before saying, really quietly, "we should hang out before they do."

you shook your head with pursed lips, "before the quarantine happens i'm gonna be going back and forth from the store. i don't think i'll have time."

kindaichi stood stiffly, hands in his pockets, with pursed lips. what was he supposed to say now?

"y/n. are you ready to go?" oikawa said happily as he walked over to stand next to kindaichi.

you didn't realize oikawa was talking to you as you packed your notebooks into your bag.

"oh, hey oikawa. i need to ask you something." oikawa only stammered before looking at kindaichi and back at you. "i need your number."

"oh.. why?"

"kindaichi just told me about the quarantine. and i need your number so i can message you so we can play bandori." you explained with a bored expression as you slipped on your backpack and stood next to kindaichi.

the onion top was almost blushing at how close you were.

"you.. could ask iwaizumi to text it to you." oikawa suggested, swallowing hard.

you, unconvincingly, nodded before grabbing onto kindaichi's arm and dragging him outside with you.

oikawa thought nothing of it, though. the nothing being how he had planned to hang out with you. the only thing he was thinking was getting to iwaizumi so he could convince him to give you the number of a phone he was now rushing out of the school to go buy.

"you want me to what?" iwaizumi's handsome voice said through the phone, asking oikawa - who was in line to buy a new phone - for clarification.

"if y/n, you know y/n, asks for my number, don't answer her till i text you a new number, okay?"

oikawa could hear iwaizumi sigh from the other side of the phone, "is this why you're skipping practice?"

"yes! please tell the team to forgive me." oikawa moved up in the walmart line. there were so many people buying toilet paper, he felt like grabbing a bag too, so that's what he did.

"it's not like we'll miss you. you're gone too much anyway."

"iwa-chan~. that's so mean 😞" oikawa said before smiling brightly, "i'll text you the number in a few, mmkay? i have to go now. bye bye."

oikawa was upset when iwaizumi replied with a lowercase - not capital - "k." and hung up the phone.

oikawa dumped out his alien piggy bank and bought the phone, smiling happily as he carried the bank, the new phone, and the toilet paper out the door of the walmart.

TYSM FOR 1K READS IM SO
GRATEFUL AAAAAAAAAAAAAA