14. Let Go

"You boys are very smart. There are only a few more challenges until the end. This next one, I think one of you will find very enjoyable."

The boys were standing on seperate platforms. 3 of them were shot up through the roof of the place.

"Three of your friends have been lifted to high heights. One of you must stay behind and let the other three retrieve them, or you can leave. There is a door in the corner of this room, next to the stairs that lead to your friends. You have an option, boys."

The voice cut out and the four looked at each other. The four all knew none of them would leave their maknaes, but who would be left behind while the other three went to get them.

"I'll go get Jimin." Yoongi offered.

"I can get Kook." Hoseok said.

"I can get Tae." Jin offered.

Namjoon's heart raced at the thought of being alone again.

It won't be too long. I can do this.

Namjoon nodded and the three quickly raced up the stairs, hoping the younger boys would be up there.
____________

The floor beneath the three of them of them was breaking and cracking slowly. Soon, it would be gone and the three would fall.

Jungkook and Jimin seemed scared but Taehyung was clearly freaking out. The other two did their best to calm him down while calming their own nerves as well.

Just about as the floor beneath them was going to crumble completely, the three saw handles swing above them.

Without hesitation they grabbed on tightly and the floor beneath them fell instantly.

"Do you think they're coming?" Jungkook asked with sadness in his voice.

"They'll come, Kookie. Dont worry." Jimin assured.

After a few minutes it was getting harder to hold the bar. Taehyung had started crying and the other two were trying to comfort him.

Taehyung himself was trying his best to hold on. The fear was clouding his mind and it seemed he couldnt think clearly anymore.

He was so out of it, he started hearing voices.

"Just let go, Taehyung."

"This will all end if you let go."

"We know you're scared. It's ok. If you let go, you wont be afraid anymore."

The voices taunted him and he felt the urge to take their advice. He felt his hands loosen on the handle, but not enough to let him fall.

"Let go..."

Taehyung was full on sobbing at this point. He wanted to put his hands to his ears, but he would fall.

He screamed to try and drown out the voices.

"Taehyung!! Its ok!" Jimin yelled to him.

"Calm down, it's alright! Our hyungs are here!" Jungkook said

Taehyung opened his eyes and looked at their three hyung's at three windows looking out at them where the handles holding them were connected to.

"There are pullies attached to the handles, we're gonna pull you in, ok? Hold on tightly!" Jin yelled.

The three nodded and started to feel each of them move. It took a bit of time, but eventually the three were safe and back in the building.

Jin and the others did their best to calm Taehyung down, and eventually he settled.

"These stairs take a while you climb so we better get going cause Joonie is down there alone." Yoongi said.

The five of them followed Yoongi down the stairs to get Namjoon.

When the group got down the stairs after what seemed like hours, Namjoon was no where to be seen.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?!" Yoongi yelled.

"Its ok, it's ok. Hes probably somewhere in this room!" Jimin said.

The group started to look around, but all that they were able to see were the 3 platforms through the roof, the other platforms  that the older four of the group were standing on, and the box and ties Yoongi and Hoseok were just cut out of.

"Maybe he was put in the box?" Jungkook suggested.

"He wouldnt be in there, its open and the ties are on the floor." Yoongi answered coldly.

"Ok, hyung, it was just a suggestion, there are so many possibilities here." Jungkook said softly, a little offended by the older's meanness.

"Guys, stop, you two havent stopped fighting since we got here." Hoseok said.

Yoongi rolled his eyes and continued to search for Namjoon.

The six had given up on open spots and started looking for secret passages and cubbies.

After a few minutes of looking, Jimin tripped on a floorboard.

"Jimin, you ok?" Taehyung asked

"Yeah, but I think I kicked up the floor-" Jimin said looking at the spot he tripped on.

It seemed the floorboard lifted up.

Jimin tried pulling it up and the tile came off with ease.

"Guys, these come out!" Jimin yelled to the others.

The group rushed over to him and started pulling up floorboards.

Once about 6 or 7 were out, the six of them were looking at Namjoon, curled up in a ball and shaking.

They tried to grab him, but were shocked.

"Wow, you finally found him!"