15. Step Out

"As you can see, Namjoon is in shock. You guys have to find a way to get him out of this little hole without lifting him out."

The voice cut out and Jin immediately got down to comfort Namjoon and calm him down. 

"Come on, Joonie, we have to get out of here." Yoongi said.

"If you get out you won't be scared anymore. The room is way more open than the hole you're in." Hoseok added.

It took a few minutes but Namjoon eventually calmed down. He was able to overcome his shock and lift himself out of the floor.

"Well done, boys. You're almost done here. Just three more challenges and you'll be out if you survive that is. There is a tiny door in the right-hand corner of this room, blended in with the wall. go through there."

The voice cut out and the group turned their heads to the right corner of the room. It seemed like nothing was there, but when Namjoon walked over and checked, there was a small handle that opened the small door.

"Wow, I can't believe we didn't notice that..." Hoseok mumbled.

The world really hates me, huh? Namjoon thought, looking into the small crawl space.

"Welp...we made it this far," Jimin said with a sigh.

The seven of them quickly made their way through the passage.

The boys entered a wide room, but instead of a concrete floor, it was a grass field.

"Welcome to the minefield."

Jimin felt a pair of hands grab his shoulders and wrap a blindfold over his eyes.

When the rest looked over, however, the figure was gone.

"You must help Jimin cross the minefield. Whenever he gets close to one, a red light will go off. Tell him how to get through. This will repeat for the rest of you."

"I'm sorry, did he say minefield??" Jungkook asked

"Oh, jeez, that's gonna hurt..." Hoseok mumbled.

"Ok, can we just get this over with??" Jimin asked

"Ok, ok just...start walking forward," Namjoon said.

Jimin started walking and the six saw a light start to blink.

"Stop stop stop!!" Yoongi yelled.

Jimin quickly stopped and the light stopped blinking.

"Turn right."

_____________

Hoseok screamed and jumped and Jungkook covered his eyes.

Jungkook was the last one going over and he had seen his members get hurt.

The six of them had so many cuts and burns on them from the explosions. Jungkook was shaking just hearing them.

When Hoseok finally got to the other side, Jungkook was pulled back and a blindfold was placed on him.

"You ready, Kook?" He heard Taehyung call from the other side.

Jungkook stood there, silently. He refused to move or answer.

He wasn't ready. He was terrified.

"Come on, Jungkookie! You can do it!" Hoseok encouraged.

Jungkook was still frozen in his spot. His hands started to shake and he couldn't think clearly.

Come on, Jungkook. You have to do this.

Jungkook forced his legs to move and start walking across the grass.

"Good job! You're good for now, Kook!" Namjoon said.

Jungkook continued walking. He walked slowly and carefully.

"Alright stop!"

Jungkook stopped where he was. He was still shaking and his friend's voices seemed distant.

He heard one of them say something to him, but it sounded muffled.

"W-what??" Jungkook asked

"Go left." He heard a bit more clearly.

He followed those directions and stepped to the left a bit.

"Alright, you can go forward."

He started walking again and after two steps felt himself step on something.

"Jungkoo-" someone tried to yell but they were cut off by the explosion that came.

Jungkook screamed and jumped back. He felt his leg was bleeding.

"You're ok, Kookie! Get up!" He heard Yoongi yell.

He didn't even realize he had crouched down until Yoongi told him to get up.

He tried to stand but he couldn't move. He didn't want to move.

"You're almost there, Jungkook-ah, you can do this!" He heard Jimin say.

He took a deep breath and stood up. He waited for further instructions from his friends.

"Ok, go straight."

______________

By the time Jungkook was out of the minefield, he had about 3 burns and cuts on his body. It wasn't bad and he was grateful for that. He couldn't stop shaking, however. He knew it was over, but he was still in shock from it all. He just wanted to get out of this place.

"It's ok, Jungkook-ah, it's over now." Jimin comforted.