Let Go

The boys were standing on seperate platforms. 3 of them were shot up through the roof of the place.

"Three of your friends have been lifted to high heights. One of you must stay behind and let the other three retrieve them, or you can leave. There is a door in the corner of this room, next to the stairs that lead to your friends. You have an option, boys."

"I'll go get Tae." Yoongi offered.

"I can get Kook." Hoseok said.

"I can get Jin." Namjoon offered.

The three quickly raced up the stairs, hoping the other boys would be up there.
___________

The floor beneath the three of them of them was breaking and cracking slowly. Soon, it would be gone and the three would fall.

Jungkook and Jin seemed scared but Taehyung was clearly freaking out. The other two did their best to calm him down while calming their own nerves as well.

Just about as the floor beneath them was going to crumble completely, the three saw handles swing above them.

Without hesitation they grabbed on tightly and the floor beneath them fell instantly.

"Do you think they're coming?" Jungkook asked with sadness in his voice.

"They'll come, Kookie. Dont worry." Jin assured.

After a few minutes it was getting harder to hold the bar. Taehyung had started crying and the other two were trying to comfort him.

Taehyung himself was trying his best to hold on. The fear was clouding his mind and it seemed he couldnt think clearly anymore.

He was so out of it, he started hearing voices.

"Just let go, Taehyung."

"This will all end if you let go."

"We know you're scared. It's ok. If you let go, you wont be afraid anymore."

The voices taunted him and he felt the urge to take their advice. He felt his hands loosen on the handle, but not enough to let him fall.

"Let go..."

Taehyung was full on sobbing at this point. He wanted to put his hands to his ears, but he would fall.

He screamed to try and drown out the voices.

"Taehyung!! Its ok!" Jin yelled to him.

Taehyung shook his head, the voices were still there. He looked at Jin and Jungkook with a sad expression. He had tears in his eyes and he was shaking. He mouthed a small 'I'm sorry' before letting go, falling hundreds of feet down to the ground below.

Jungkook and Jin both screamed, and just then, Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok appeared.

When the three saw Taehyung was gone they looked at Jungkook and Jin. Jungkook was back to sobbing and Jin was staring in shock.

"There are pullies attached to the handles, we're gonna pull you in, ok? Hold on tightly!" Namjoon yelled.

The two nodded and started to feel each of them move. It took a bit of time, but eventually they were safe and back in the building.

Jungkook stayed hugging Hoseok, not feeling strong enough to even hold himself up anymore. He felt lost without his best friends. "Come on, Kookie, it's ok. They'd be happy knowing you keep trying for them."

"I cant..." he mumbled, fresh tears falling.

"Dont say that, Jungkook. get off your ass and let's go. We arent losing anyone else." Jin said sternly, his parental voice clearly showing.

Jungkook hesitated for a minute but eventually nodded, holding Hoseok's hand as they walked.