16. Burning Up

There was another door at the end of the minefield room. The seven went through and were faced with a new room.

There was a small fire in front of the exit door and candles everywhere.

The group looked at Yoongi who was staring at the fire with horror in his eyes.

"Oh fuck no." Yoongi said shaking his head.

He turned around and walked to the door the came in from, but when he put his hand on the knob he was shocked.

"Shit- fine...I'll stay." Yoongi grimaced.

"That door is your only way out of here. Find a way to put out the fire."

That's all the voice said before it cut out.

The group looked around for water or a fire extinguisher but there were none around.

"Hey, there are sprinklers on the ceiling. Like the ones you see in buildings for fires." Taehyung said pointing at the ceiling.

"Yeah, but dont those only go off if it detects smoke?" Namjoon asked.

Taehyung looked around some more. His eyes landed on seven lighters.

"Maybe we could make smoke?"

"What are you talking about?" Jin asked.

"Look. There are tons of candles all over the place. Maybe, if we light them, the smoke from the fire in front of the door and all the candles will be enough to set off the sprinklers. Then the water will put out the fires!" Taehyung said with confidence.

"That's actually a pretty good idea-" Hoseok said with shock in his voice.

"What if the sprinklers dont go off, though?" Yoongi asked

"Well...I dont see any other options." Jungkook said.

Yoongi nodded and the seven each grabbed a lighter and began lighting candles.

Yoongi was scared to do it at first. He had always been scared of fires, even small ones.

Hoseok noticed he was nervous and came over to him with his own candle.

"Look, it's like lighting a. birthday candle. Your birthday was a few days ago. Just act like you're lighting candles for yourself."

Hoseok sung happy birthday to him while lighting the candle in his hand and Yoongi smiled slightly, doing the same.

The thought made it a lot easier to light the candles, as it didnt seem as scary if it was for a happy occasion.

It took about 15 minutes to light almost all the candles. There were only 5 more and they were right in front of the fire.

Taehyung went to grab them but he was shocked in the process.

"What the hell-?"

"What happened?" Jungkook asked

"It shocked me..."

Jungkook tilted his head in confusion and tried to grab the candles himself. He was shocked as well.

"Guys, just grab the candles there is a dangerous amount of smoke in the air now." Namjoon said.

"We cant!" Jungkook and Taehyung said at the same time.

"What do you mean, you cant??" Jin asked, reaching for the candles.

He was shocked in the process. "I see."

They all tried and were shocked, except Yoongi.

"Yoongi hyung try and get them." Jimin said.

"No way! If you guys were shocked what makes you think I wont be?" Yoongi protested.

"Maybe it's a challenge! This is your fear. Maybe he wants you to do it." Taehyung said.

"I am not going near that fire!" Yoongi yelled.

"Hyung, the smoke is getting bad, you have to." Namjoon pleaded.

"It probably wont even work! If the smoke is this bad already why wont the sprinklers go off? What are five candles gonna do to help??" Yoongi yelled again.

"Hyung please!" Hoseok cried.

Yoongi sighed and tried his best to build his courage.

He quickly crawled over to the fire and snatched the five candles and threw them to Namjoon.

"Ow! Yoongi hyung I think you have to light them too." Namjoon said, rubbing his shocked arm.

"Jesus.." Yoongi grabbed the candles back from Namjoon.

He took a few deep breaths before turning on his lighter.

He started to softly sing happy birthday under his breath while lighting the first candle.

He lit all five of the candles this way.

At first, nothing happened but then the seven felt water.

The sprinklers went off and the fires were slowly put out, including the one in front of the door.

The seven quickly stood up and ran to the door and opened it.

"I was just starting to get dry too.." Jimin mumbled looking at his dripping clothes.

"Welp now I'm freezing." Yoongi said feeling the water evaporate off his body.

"I honestly forgot you didnt have a shirt on.." Hoseok said with a chuckle.

"Me too until now."

"You made it to your last challenge, boys."