𝙿𝙷𝙸𝙻𝙸𝙿𝙿𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚂

"Ok then you roll on chew on it until it's juice is oozing out." Mama instructed rolling the herb between her hands then showing to me the purple leaves with some sort of mauve liquid. "Then you place it on the bruised spot." We said at the exact same time we giggled and I went back to work to roll it and put it on bruised knee of a small child. "Your so big, I remember when I had to put it on your bruises now your a herbalist." Mama's tone sounded sad but she smiled warmly.

"I told you ma I'm a herbalist of my old elementary school." It was true mama was the nurse of this school when I was a child and she almost witnessed a child get poisoned from the many medications he took after that she asked the principal to change to herbs instead she agreed and that's how I got a job.

"Ow! Is it supposed to sting?" The innocent child asked sniffing away some tears. "It's ok little one how about later I cook you adobo because your so brave." Mama said handing her some tissues "Really? Thanks ate Mary*!" She exclaimed mama nodded her head and she told her to go back to class. "Hey mama?" I asked looking at the open door. "What is it anak?" She replied softly "I am doing a good job as the representative of Manila, right?" I winced inwardly we never talked about our country stuff.

Mama's brown hair shone it the light from the windows her hazel eyes staring into mine. "I raised you to be the best capital I could." She assured me giving me a big warm hug. She made me place my head on her lap it felt like being a child again being cradled to sleep. Soon I'll be the one cradling a child I smiled and looked at my large stomach. Just 1 more month then I'm having a little version on me crawling around our house. "Your going to be the best mother too."