𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞. spotlight

( CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: SPOTLIGHT )May, 1990

May, 1990

❝You're the only thing in my life that
I look forward to.❞

The night of the televised concert swung around in the nick of time, which yet again evoked a stressing rehearsal and a painfully demanding schedule. However, for once Devon didn't care about the distress, since he had attained an incredible stress reliever that also went by the name Janet Jackson. Whenever he felt he was being tipped over the edge, she was always there to calm him down in any way possible. And as he resided backstage, surrounded by the chaotic crew, Devon was distracted enough to completely block out the buzzing atmosphere. "Mmm..." A groan came from Janet's lips as she pulled Devon towards the coach, her tongue jostling with his as the pair crashed on the sofa with no time to spare.

Janet's dressing room was bolted shut, making sure to savour a quick, loving encounter with the young man before the concert commenced. Although Devon was sure it would suck all the energy out of him before he goes out on stage, he was lulled to agree with her persuasive proposal, wanting to be with her in any way possible. And as the two stretched out onto the leather sofa, legs mangled and lips bruised, their fingers fiddled with the zippers and buttons on each of their outfits.

Although they had already gone through hair and makeup, both of them desperately wanted to see them out of their attire as soon as possible. It was ironic, but who was Devon to judge when he was neck deep in Janet Jackson's aroma? Roughly, Janet unfastened Devon's vest, her leg propping above his waist as the young man's hands snaked around her hips.

Just the feeling of her warm body pressed up against his was driving him crazy, feeling a hasty arousal perking up in his pants as the two continued to kiss. Janet easily detected his budding impatience, but she only chose to drag it out more. The young woman's hands ran down his back and trailed behind his head, her breath tingling across his face as he gripped the sides of her thighs. "You ready?" Janet whispered against his full lips, her heavy breaths pounding against his flushed skin. The young man nodded, feeling Janet's body shifting under his as she tried to shimmy out of her pants.

Just as Devon was about to do the same, a loud knock immediately made him stop. The two's heads both snapped in the direction of the door, their eyes widened in fright as the fear of getting caught started to fill the air. They both scrambled off the coach, with Devon frantically straightening his dishevelled clothes in the process. "Ms. Jackson?" A voice demandingly yelled, which made Devon's heart lurch with worry.

Janet looked around the room in panic, her large eyes widening the minute she spotted a big oak wardrobe pressed against the far wall. "Quick! In the closet!" Janet urgently said, pushing the young man over to the dresser before he could object. Devon nearly tripped over his slacks, which was lazily hanging down his thighs, as Janet stuffed him into the large closet and closed the wooden door, muffling all outside noise and hiding Devon away from the random visitor.