𝙭𝙭𝙫. in too deep

( CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: IN TOO DEEP )August, 1990

DEEP )
August, 1990

❝ you should have
stayed away. ❞

Devon was so mad, he couldn't even open the door. His free hand was bunched into a tight fist, while the other hand slid against the metal doorknob with pending frustration. I can't believe this is happening! The male thought, his brow knotted into a tense scowl, unable to forget about Janet's words no matter how hard he tried. What was he supposed to do now? Go about his days pretending that their relationship never existed when he was hoping it wouldn't end? He couldn't do that—he wouldn't do that.

After a series of forceable yanks, the door managed to burst open, the hinges rattling from the many violent jerks that Devon enacted. As the young man's mind festered with improbable thoughts, he angrily stomped out the closet door after a good fifteen minutes of standing there alone in complete shock. His jaw clenched shut with beggaring frustration, flashes of red flickering across his eyes as he marched out of the building, not wanting to be in that environment any longer.

It was over.

He felt the sweltering heat sizzling across the chest, he felt the fumes coming out of his nostrils. But, that heat didn't just come from anger, no. It came from frustration, confusion and most of all—pain. Oh, how much it hurt just to think about what happened. Devon's gait began to quicken as the thoughts became too much to bear, his crazed eyes glued to the sidewalk in hopes that he could return to the hotel at a faster pace.

It was over.

Devon finally reached the hotel doors, his hazy eyes never lifting from the ground in fear that he'll lash out in front of any person who crossed his path. That certainly won't be a pretty sight. Just when Devon headed to the elevator doors and his jittery fingers hovered over the buttons, it just dawned on him that he didn't know where the hell he was going.

Devon managed to stay in Janet's room after his relationship with Jimmy turned sour, and the male never asked any questions. Now that both of his relationships were strained, there was no doubt in his mind that he was well and truly alone. So, Devon was forced to aimlessly wonder around the empty halls, waiting for the day to waste away as he wallowed in self pity.

As the hours ticked down, the dancer managed to go to the roof of the hotel, the brick balcony that overlooked the skyline seemed like the perfect opportunity to clear his head. And he sat there for hours, watching the blue sky slowly getting darker, watching the moon rising to its full height and the city lights shinning against the darkened backdrop of the night.

He cuddled his sweatshirt close to his body, the early beginnings of a fall breeze swarming through the night air. However, Devon didn't pay much attention to his quiet surroundings, since his loud mind never stopped kicking and screaming from memories of his open rejection, the male trying to figure out what he did wrong.