o n e

Ishimondo fluff, enjoy♡

Mondo lay awake next to his lover, Taka, who was snoring softly, a small bit of drool rolled down his chin as he stirred slightly.

He was completely lost in thought, smiling to himself as he wondered what he and Taka would do today, the weather was supposed to be beautiful, not too hot and not too cold. Perfect.

Taka mumbled as he slowly opened his eyes, blinking softly and looking over at Mondo, who smiled at him warmly.

"Well good morning, sweetheart" Mondo ran his fingers through his husband's messy dark hair, a soft hum moved past his lips as he leaned into the touch.

"What time is it?" Taka mumbled again as he looked out the window, noticing it was still quite dark outside.

Mondo leaned over to his bedside table, checking the alarm clock that let off a soft glow in the otherwise dark room.

"6:42, hun" Mondo moved back over so he was facing Taka once again, he yawned before wrapping his arms around his lover's waist, hugging him.

"Are you going to go back to sleep?" Taka spoke softly against Mondo's chest, his breath gave Mondo goosebumps, and he shivered slightly.

Really, Mondo wasn't tired at all, he simply wanted to enjoy his husband's company, and he knew Taka wanted the same. The two had made it a habit to wake up early to watch the sunrise, though sometimes they couldn't help but sleep in.

"Nah, I would rather stay up with you..." Mondo trailed off as he placed a soft kiss to Taka's forehead, making the man in his arms blush.

No matter how many times he did it, Taka still blushed slightly whenever Mondo kissed him, he simply couldn't believe he was so lucky to be married to the man of his dreams, to be able to wake up next to him every morning, to own a beautiful house together, it was all so unbelievable.

Taka really felt as though he was the luckiest man on the planet.

Scratch that, he is the luckiest man on the planet.

"Then why don't we go downstairs, make some tea, and sit in the sun room to watch the sunrise?" Taka suggested, wiggling out of Mondo's grasp and giggling.

The two climbed out of bed and made their way down the stairs into the kitchen, Taka put the kettle on while Mondo grabbed their mugs from the cupboard. They had found two beautiful matching mugs in a thrift store last week and Taka just knew he needed to buy them.

A couple minutes had passed and the two were sitting in their sun room, cups of tea in hand. They sat on the old couch Mondo's brother had given them, a soft blanket that Asahina had given them as a house warming gift laid out across their laps

Taka rested his head against Mondo's shoulder, sighing softly, while the room was definitely chilly, Mondo was warm, his big arms wrapped around him as he moved to lay against his husband's chest, looking out the window just to see the sun begin to peek through the trees.

They both watched as the sun slowly made its way up, the sky changing from black to a pretty shade of purple and pink, then to a soft shade of orange and yellow.

"Look, Mondo! Isn't just beautiful?" Taka whispered, taking a long sip of his tea.

"Just like you, Taka."

- - -

Soft Ishimondo is simply the best and you cannot change my mind. I hope you guys enjoyed this because I sure did. This chapter is dedicated to tableatcrackerbarrel because they're the best and the ceo of loving Ishimondo :~)