t w o

Another soft ishimondo oneshot cause I do be simpin tonight tbh. Enjoy ♡

Of course on their anniversary, Taka had to be sick, of course when they were going to have a romantic dinner together, he had to be sick.

"Baby I'm fine! I swear!" Taka forced a weak smile before groaning, god his stomach was killing him.

Mondo rolled his eyes as he took the thermometer out from under Taka's tongue, looking at the tiny digital numbers displayed on the small screen.

"You have a fever! You are absolutely not going anywhere tonight!" Mondo put the thermometer away and grabbed a face cloth, running it under cold water, wringing it out and placing it over Taka's warm forehead.

Logically, he knew he couldn't go anywhere, he didn't want to get other people sick, and he sure as hell didn't want to be a nuisance. However, his heart wanted nothing more than to take Mondo out to their favourite Japanese restaurant for their anniversary dinner.

"But baby... our anniversary..." Taka frowned, sniffling a little. On top of a fever, he also had a cold. How wonderful!

"No but's! We're staying home, you're not well" Mondo placed his hands on his hips, doing his best impression of his boyfriend which made the sick boy giggle a little.

Mondo smiled and kissed Taka's forehead tenderly, placing a glass of water on the bedside table next to his boyfriend, he tussled his hair before walking toward their bedroom door.

"I'm going to go downstairs and make you something to eat, and I'll grab some medicine. Please try to rest a little..." Mondo shut off the light, leaving Taka to himself in their bedroom.

Mondo fumbled through the cupboards, looking for anything that would make his boyfriend feel better. Finally, he ended up finding a packet of ramen, and he quickly put the kettle on.

He cut up some ham and fresh chives, placing them on top of the dry ramen in the bowl, then cut up an egg he had boiled, placing it around the edges. It sure wasn't restaurant style, and it would have been much better had he not needed to make it quickly, but he did his best to make the package of Mr. Noodles as authentic as possible.

Just as the kettle had finished heating, Mondo had finished all the other preparations. All that was left was to pour the hot water and wait. Which he did.

Once that was done, he made his way down the hallway to their shared bedroom, opening the door quietly.

"Hey baby... wake up, I made you some food and I brought Tylenol" Mondo placed the bed tray down, stroking Taka's hair until he slowly opened his eyes.

Taka smiled softly, inhaling the savory scent of the ramen, he looked up at Mondo, surprised.

"This looks delicious, sweetheart... thank you for taking care of me." He smiled sadly, sitting up in bed so he could eat.

Mondo walked to the other side of the bed, sitting next to his boyfriend, he handed him a pair of chopsticks, grinning.

"You're such a freaking sap, y'know that?" Taka rolled his eyes and took a piece of ham between the chopsticks, placing it in his mouth. He closed his eyes and sighed through his nose.

"Good?"

"Incredible. Thank you, Mondo..." Taka mumbled through a mouthful of noodles, feeling relaxed as the warm broth soothed his sore throat.

"Why don't we watch a movie? I could see what's on TV right now?" Mondo grabbed the remote from his bedside table and turned on the TV.

He began flicking through channels, groaning as he realized there really wasn't anything good on TV, he wondered why he even bothered to pay for cable at this point.

Mondo ended up putting on some random movie that was already half way over, but he didn't even care really, he was more focused on the sick boy sitting next to him.

"Done?" Mondo looked at the almost empty bowl and completely empty glass on the table, Taka simply nodded, yawning as Mondo took the table from him, placing it on the floor.

"Tired now, are we?" Mondo smirked a little as Taka let out another big yawn, scooting forward enough so he could lay down again

Taka curled up hugging Mondo's waste and pressing his face into his hip, he sighed as Mondo ran a hand through his hair, playing with the soft locks.

"Want me to hold you?" Mondo looked down at his boyfriend who nodded, not even bothering to look up at him.

Mondo briefly moved away from Taka, only to lay down and hold him even tighter than before, burying his face in the crook of Taka's neck.

"I love you, Mondo..." Taka trailed off, yawning again.

"I love you too, sweetheart."

- - -

I am SO soft for domestic ishimondo. I love them so much, just ugh they're perfect. I always love oneshots where one person takes care of the other, so I hope this is good for y'all :,)