e i g h t

Nagito birthday oneshot ! Soft komahina time. Enjoy ♡

Nagito had never considered his birthday a special day, he didn't feel worthy of a celebration or gifts. Just for being born? Someone as insignificant as him? No way. He didn't like his birthday and he didn't like celebrating it.

Unfortunately for him, everyone on the island had figured out each other's birthday and they had already celebrated about 8 of them, Nagito however, insisted nobody do anything for his birthday, and that his only wish was to be left alone for the day.

One certain boy however, didn't follow Nagito's wish, and that's how they ended up here; with Hajime standing in front of Nagito, a small cake in hand.

"I got help from Teruteru... I told him not to tell anyone though so it's just the two of us." Hajime smiled awkwardly, holding out the small cake covered in fruit and edible flowers.

"Hinata-kun... you didn't have to-" Hajime placed the cake box firmly in Nagito's hands, looking up at him with soft eyes.

"I told you, call me Hajime... come on, just... put the cake in the fridge and come with me." Hajime sighed, lightly tracing his fingers against Nagito's hand as he pulled away and put the cake in the fridge.

Though not official, the two had been very close as of late, even going as far as kissing each other late into the night when the island was quiet and nobody was around. Hajime wanted to do something special for his not-quite boyfriend, at a time when he knew nobody would be around to bother them.

The two walked together hand in hand, Hajime guiding them toward the beach. He had been planning this out for weeks, and thought it would be absolutely perfect.

They reached the beach in no time, and there Nagito found a blanket laid out with snacks and drinks in a basket off to the side. He struggled to find proper words, and opted for hugging Hajime tightly, running his fingers through the shorter boy's hair.

"You... you did all of this for someone as worthless as me?" Nagito whispered, still clutching onto Hajime, happy tears threatening to spill down his cheeks.

"Nagito... of course I would. And you're not worthless, I wish you would stop saying that. You don't know how much you really mean to me and the others." Hajime pulled away to look up at Nagito, smiling sadly.

Nagito nodded silently, and the two sat down on the blanket, fingers intertwined.

Hajime pulled out a bottle of orange juice from the basket and handed one to Nagito, before reaching for his own. He had previously thought of getting Sodas, though he was unable to find any due to the fact that a certain colourful boy had taken them all and was hoarding them in his room.

For a while, the two sat in a comfortable silence, listening to the different bugs chirp and buzz and the waves crash against the shore. It was peaceful, despite their unfortunate circumstance. It wasn't too often that moments like this happened, so everyone tried their best to cherish them.

Eventually, the built up anxiety got the best of Hajime and he decided, mostly against his own will, that now would be the perfect time to ask Nagito the question that had been burning in his brain for weeks now.

"Nagito... uhm, I was wondering about something." Hajime glanced over at Nagito, a very content smile across his face. Nagito looked back, raising an eyebrow as a silent way of saying 'yeah, what is it?'

"So we... we've been spending lots of time together, and I really really like it... I like being with you and doing things with you, s-so I was wondering if uhm- if you would want to maybe be my boyfriend?" Hajime's heart was beating a thousand miles a minute and he was about ninety percent sure it was going to explode right in his chest as he waited for an answer.

What felt like hours to Hajime was a mere five seconds as Nagito nodded eagerly, a big smile spread across his face as his practically whispered 'of course' before kissing Hajime softly on his cheek.

"It would be an honour to be your boyfriend, Hinata-kun." Nagito rested his head on Hajime's shoulder, letting out a quiet sigh.

Hajime brushed a hand through Nagito's curls, twirling his hair between his fingers and smiling to himself, finally, something really good had come out of this horrible situation they were forced to be in.

"I told you, call me Hajime."

- - -

It's late but I got distracted so we'll pretend like it's still the 28th. Anyway, I love nagito so much and I would lay down my life for that boy. I love him so so so much.