Chapter Two

Claire woke up to the sound of Myrnin's voice.

She was lying on the floor, and when she opened her eyes, Myrnin was hovering above her. He looked worried. Really worried. Claire's head throbbed and there was a sharp pain coming from her arm.

"What did you do?" Claire asked weakly.

Myrnin looked shocked, "You always blame things on me, Claire. It is hurtful."

"You'll get over it one day," She groaned as she tried sitting up, "What happened?"

"You don't remember?" Myrnin said as he helped her onto his armchair, "You just, collapsed."

"I did?"

Myrnin nodded, "I searched through that box that Amelie gave you," He smiled like he had a secret, "But I didn't find anything."

"Why are you smiling like that?"

Myrnin shook his head, "Nevermind that. You should head home. I did my own examination, you should be fine."

Claire froze, "You, what?" But Myrnin was already across the other side of the room, moving a cabinet to reveal the portal.

"Come on now." Claire rolled her eyes and walked to the portal.

"You're an idiot." She mumbled before she stepped through and entered the living room of the Glass house. Claire was tempted to turn around and go back, because there was a war going on.
Michael waved at Claire as she stepped through the door, Myrnin's lab instantly disappearing behind her, and she moved towards the blonde haired, blue eyed vampire. He had a paint brush in his hand and he was twirling it around. He had a devilish grin spread across his face.

"What's up with you?" Claire asked Michael. She looked around the Glass house.
Eve, Michael and Shane had spent the day re-painting and re-wallpapering and re-everything. The Glass House needed a lot of fixing up. Michael held up his hand. Claire stared at him, then she heard Eve scream.

"Which bastard did this?" She yelled as she ran down the stairs. Michael started laughing. Eve was dressed in a plain black top and tights. Her black hair was tied up in a ponytail, and she had almost stripped off all of her goth makeup, "Michael Glass!" Eve threw a paint brush at Michael and he didn't even move. He laughed harder, if anything, "CB, come see what he did." Claire followed Eve up the stairs and into Eve's room. Painted in bright pink letters wrote, Flower Power! Michael had painted love hearts and flowers around the words in fluro colours. Totally not Eve's thing. Claire tried to stop herself from smiling. Eve shook her head, "Claire, go get dressed into your battle clothes. Things are about to get real messy."

Claire obeyed and went into her room to chuck on an old Guns and Roses t-shirt and a pair of faded jeans. She tied her hair into a loose ponytail.

"Woman on a mission," Claire turned to see Shane standing just outside of her bedroom door, "Me like." He had paint splattered over his top and his face.

"And it looks like you've just finished world war two." Claire said. He smiled and extended his arms for a hug. She walked towards him and hugged him, which was a bad idea. Shane used his paint brush to create a line of yellow paint up the back of her black t-shirt. She gasped and shoved him back. His evil laugh wrapped around her, "Shane!"

"And this is the start of world war three." He winked and took off, with Claire charging after him.

* * *

Claire woke up lying in Shane's lap on the couch. Michael and Eve were asleep on the floor, and the t.v. had just started the morning news. She blinked and rubbed her eyes. She pulled her phone out from her pocket and looked at the clock. Nine fifteen.