Chapter Four

After a horrible ten minutes of sorting through shoes, Claire had finally had it.

She apologized to Eve and made her way to her own room. She sprawled herself on her bed after showering and changing into her pyjamas. Resting her head on her hands, she flipped through one of the books Myrnin had given her. The book had, "Chemistry For Dummies," written on it. Of course, that was typical Myrnin. Downstairs, she heard the screaming zombies come to an end and she moved her eyes away from the book and to her door.

She heard a pair of foot-drops come up the stairs and down towards Claire's room. A soft knock came at the door. Grinning, Claire shut her book and pushed it under her bed. She rolled of the bed and opened the door. Shane stood there, his lopsided smile making Claire's heart beat fast.

"About time," Claire said pulling Shane into the room whilst closing and locking her bedroom door. His arms went around her waist as she ran her hands through his messy hair. Shane pulled her closer, so almost every bit of their bodies were touching. His lips met hers.

"Now?" Shane asked between kisses. "I haven't had a shower yet."

Claire smiled without moving her lips from his, "What's the point?" Claire said.

Shane looked down at her, his brown eyes burning with lust and passion. He kissed her again, and started to gently move her towards the bed. His tongue traced the bottom of Claire's lips. She parted her lips and gladly allowed entrance. Claire fell back on the bed, with Shane following on top of her. His hands trailed down to the hem of her top and he began to pull it off. Claire grinned mid-kiss as she wrapped her legs around Shane and let him undress her. A lustful growl escaped from deep inside Shane's throat, causing Claire's stomach to flip.

"Claire," Shane said as he watched Claire slide off his top. "You are so beautiful."

* * *

Claire's eyes fluttered open as rays of sun made its way into her bedroom. Shane's arm was gently wrapped around her waist, holding her close. She smiled and carefully turned in his arms. His hair  looked golden brown where the light touched it, and he seemed to be smiling. As if he were loving the dream he was having. Taking a quick peek over her shoulder, Claire checked the time on her watch that lay alone on the bedside table. It read 9AM. She turned back to Shane. His lips twitched a little, and slowly his fingers curled in, drawing invisible circles on Claire's back, then they would release again and fall freely against Claire's bear skin.

She loved this. She loved waking up to see him next to her. She wanted this for the rest of her life, and so did Shane. Shane wasn't the type of person that got up early in the mornings. But then again, everyone in the Glass house, except for Claire - and sometimes Michael - didn't wake until around 10AM. Not wanting to disturb him, and not wanting to leave him either, Claire lay on her side just watching him sleep. Shane's lips twitched again, and Claire's eyes moved down and set on his gorgeous lips.

Quietly and slowly, she moved her lips down to his and delicately planted her lips on his. It wasn't a big kiss, hell it probably didn't even count as a kiss to some people, but the tiniest connection between their lips made Claire feel warm inside.

"About time," Shane whispered, copying Claire's words from the previous night. His eyes opened lazily, revealing his beautiful brown eyes. The eyes that Claire loved and adored.

"I thought that you were asleep," Claire said quietly as Shane pulled her closer to his body. "I didn't want to wake you."

"I was awake before you," Shane said, now planting soft kisses on her neck.

"Oh," was all she said. "It's not like you to wake up early."

"It was kinda hard to sleep when Eve was clomping around this morning."

"Eve?" Claire had to pause and think for a while before she remembered. "Oh right. She starts work again today." Shane mumbled in answer and twisted a lock of Claire's hair around his index finger. "What about Michael?" Claire asked. Shane's lips left from Claire's neck and instead, he leant over her. Their faces only inches apart.

"He left with Eve," Shane said, his finger now loose and lightly tracing Claire's lips. "I don't think that he'll be back until late."

"So," Claire said, draping her arms around his neck. "We've basically got the whole house to ourselves today?"

He smiled and kissed her forehead, "Yes we do."

* * *

"Shane," Claire sighed. "Stop eating the pancakes, okay?" Shane stuffed another pancake into his mouth, and just like any other guy, he opened up his mouth and showed Claire the inside of his mouth. He closed his mouth and smiled. "Charming." He came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Goddamn, I'm hungry." Shane said, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"You just devoured, like, ten pancakes." Claire exclaimed.

Shane didn't answer, instead he kissed her gently behind the ear.

"So, where are we going today?" Shane asked. "I vote bowling."

"I hate bowling." Claire sighed.

Shane kissed her shoulder and whispered, "You can use the kiddy bowl?"

"I do not need the kiddy bowl!"

Shane laughed, "Okay. What do you want to do?"

"How about we wing it?"

"Wing it, aye?"

"Yeah. I say we go out there and do whatever the hell we want to."

Shane frowned in approval, "I like that idea."

"It's a date then?"

"It's a date." Shane reached passed her and stole another pancake.

"Shane!"

* * *

It was only natural that Shane got hungry a couple hours after they'd eaten their breakfast. Claire watched in fascination as she watched her boyfriend eat a chili dog and a full can of coke in less than a minute.

"Oh my god," Claire said as they walked outside of the small diner. "How the hell do you eat so much?"

He shrugged, "I'm a growing man. At least I'm not sucking down blood like some people we know."

Claire rolled her eyes and jumped in front of Shane. She faced him and walked backwards as she talked.

"So, what are we going to do?"

"I thought we were winging it."

"We are. What should we wing first though?"

"Let's go buy a bag of candy." Claire stopped walking and Shane bumped into her. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"You cannot be hungry again. That's not human-like."

"No," He said and drew the 'O' along. "I was going to say we could sit in the park and tease little kids that walk past with our candy."

"Oh Shane, you think of the nicest things to do." He smiled and kissed her. A soft brush of his lips on hers.

"We could always go home." Shane started. "I can think of a lot of fun things to do there."

"As much fun as that sounds, we need to get out of the house." She pulled away and took hold of his hand. "Come on. Let's find the candy store."

Shane was dead serious when he said that he wanted to tease little kids, and much to his delight, there just happened to be an activity day for fourth graders. He literally sat on a park bench and ate candy while looking like kids in the eye and smiling.

"You are horrible," Claire said as she watched him grin at a little boy. "There's adults probably watching you, thinking your a pedophile or something."

"Nah," He dropped the lolly bag and faced Claire. "Not when I have such a hot girlfriend next to me."

She giggled as Shane moved closer to her, but they were soon interrupted.