Birthday

Minho's POV

The curtains opened up by the wind and the sunlight spread inside my room. Alarm clock rung so I slowly opened my eyes and turned it off. I tied the curtains and fixed my bed, went to the bathroom and did my daily routine.

Soonie, Doongie and Dori immediately greeted me. I gave them food and cleaned up their litter from the previous night.

I went downstairs, my parents are already in their workplace, as usual. A yellow sticky note was on the fridge saying

Happy Birthday our dear son Minho. You may use your phone but only for today. From, Mom and Dad.

That was the simple note but I was filled with glee. I saw my phone on the counter and immediately turned it on. I made cereal and ate as millions of messages popped up on my screen.

Most was from Jisung and the rest were 'where are you?' and 'how have you been?' or good luck messages... Hopefully Jeongin kept his word.

The gc was filled with the same messages and they all stopped chatting a few weeks ago. The last chat being

His birthday is in a few days...

What if I suddenly call now? Maybe I could use this one day, just a bit of happiness, I know this will make me miss them more but just this once please?

All of them are online, it's 7:30am so it must be 8:30pm there...

Hannie🐿️
Happy Birthday Minho hyung..

Jeongphin🦊 🍼
Happy Bday hyung 🎉

Memelix🐨
Happy Birthday Minho💙

Dandy Boy🐶
Happy Birthday......

Wannabe Aussie🐍
YO have a great day in the states 🎊

Changaroo🐺
Happiest Birthday Minho, take care mate okay?

Dark Bean🐇🗡️
Haha.. Happy Birthday, it's night now but we assumed you'll be up by 7 cause you know, school..

--

These guys are so sweet... Even though they knew for sure I wouldn't answer their calls and texts, they still waited just to greet me..

Babyinnie🦊🍼
Guys... He opened the chat..

Memelix🐨
LEGIT?? MINHOOOO REPLY PLEASE

I chuckled as everyone started chatting, I pressed the call button and one immediately answered.

It was Jisung, and the room was dark. A single candle lit up, then another, and another. Three candles were on the screen and I could see a circular thing and the hands of the person holding it.

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Minho-ah, Happy Birthday to you!

They sang and the lights went on. Water dropped on the screen and my vision was blurry, I could only guess that I was crying.

"Thank you guys.. I'm so sorry.. I-"

"Blow the candles first, brat" Changbin said and I chuckled before blowing as they blew to pretend like I blew from the screen.

"You must have your own explanations why you had to leave urgently and didn't tell us.. " Chan said, smiling warmly.

"And we understand that, we are willing to wait as long as you want, whenever you're ready." Felix said, with equally the same warm smile.

They shifted the phone to Changbin who was comforting Seungmin and Jeongin. "We were really shocked and sad, especially the younger ones" Changbin said.