Voice Log #24

unlistened audio

11/15/19

Son? You recorded your log 23 earlier and left your recorder on the night stand. You seem to be struggling to fall asleep, but I took your recorder because I may not get a chance to say some words to you. Your old man isn't really good talking face to face.

Well, we're getting a divorce, so I hope by this time I could make it up to you. I know I have been neglecting you ever since you were a child, it's because I don't want you to go through what I have back then, everything was planned out for me and I had no choice but to do what my parents wanted me to, so I hope you can give me a chance? I'll do everything I could to let you live a happy life, but things could be so unexpected.

You have never met your relatives haven't you? I have a sister, she's my second assistant, I want to bring you to the company to finally meet her. She has a son, a year younger than you, he's your only cousin in my side of the family, your mother doesn't want you to meet her brother.

But your uncle is really nice, he comes to South Korea at times, I do hope you could meet him. I haven't kept contact with him, neither has your mother, but I'm sure he's dying to meet his nephew. Take care of yourself okay? I'll end this recording now, be sure to listen to it... I'll return this to you too.

Your father,
-Lee Hoseok