D

Minho's POV

It's saturday, 6:00am. It was a cold morning, I barely slept last night in worry of what was to happen today. Dad already called me to go down and eat breakfast. My three cats climbed my bed, I sat up and put them in my lap. They're warm...I think it was their way of trying to calm me down.

I finally decided to get out of bed, I stretched and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I wore a white shirt, black hoodie, jeans and snickers. I went to the dining room, my three cats following me. I fed them and ate with dad who was still busy with the papers.

I started regularly texting my South Korean friends but they aren't replying today, neither is The Rose or the couple. I guess I have to face whatever we're going to do today alone. My thoughts were stopped once my father called my name.

"You seem to be anxious about today." He said before drinking his coffee. Of course, however can you tell? My shaking, my dark circles, or my pale complexion? I'm sure it's not so obvious, right?

"A little bit, but what are we going to do anyway? What's with all the papers? Why doesn't mom come home anymore?" I unintentionally asked the questions that ran through my head all the time. He cleared his throat before finally setting down the papers.

"You will know soon enough Minho, let's say, your mom will have a new house, where will you go? Live with her or live with me?" He asked.

"With you of course, she doesn't want me...are you getting a divorce?" I said going straight to the point, I knew this may happen, I just didn't want to believe it.

He sipped his coffee again and remained quiet for five seconds before finally nodding. That confirms it, but where was mom living now? Did she already get a new house?

"Your mom lived with Lovely's family, but after the divorce she's getting a new house. We can go home to South Korea if you want Min." He gave me a small smile, he was hurting I could see it in his eyes. He must be thinking about my wellbeing, but I knew despite their forced engagement, he learned to love mom.

She was fake, yes but I knew she took care of dad. She's just manipulative, maybe at some point she did fell in love, but got blinded by revenge. What was the point of me going through what they did? Both of us will suffer? Will she finally accept me as her son?

"I would love to dad...but is mom gonna be alright? What about our business?" I asked.

"Our parents won't care anymore I'm sure, I can run the business on my own, you go live life to the fullest. I want you to at least have a happier and better life than your old man." He chuckled before ruffling my hair.

"Dad you're not that old yet, you can find a better person. I want your happiness too." I said and he stood up before hugging me.

"I'm happy that my son is happy, I listen to your recordings every night. I am sorry you had to go through a painful month here in LA." He said and let go of the hug.

"It wasn't all that painful dad, I got to meet Sammy and the others, see places here in America and learned basic english." I said and we decided to get ready. Mom came so we can all drive together.

We were driving until a recklessly driving van came in view. The van door was open and the car was going around the place, then...

I fell out of the car.

Mom's head was out through the broken car window, her head bleeding. Dad's head was on the steering wheel, blood on his head and hands. I was frozen, my legs hurt from the sudden car door opening, dad must have known that the van would crash. Why didn't he save himself?