Family Dinner

Minho's POV

I was normally just reading a book today, nothing special, it was sunday. Maybe I could convince my mom and dad to let me go to The Rose's place or something. I closed the book and put it on my night stand.

I went downstairs, hearing voices from the front door. Listening more, I recognized my parents' voices and Lovely's parents. I wonder if they want me to spend time with Lovely or something.

After some time, the door was closed and my parents walked back inside. "Oh Minho, we were just about to tell you something" My mother said with her infamous fake smile. I know she's been faking her kindness all the time, actions speak louder than words after all.

She simply didn't care about me, saying words most parents say but actually don't do it. I haven't tasted her cooking at all, she never helped me with projects even at a young age, she didn't care that I was about to be kidnapped that one time when I was little.

My father on the other hand is blunt but gives me my needs anyway. He has a sharp tongue and he's very cold but he cares about me more than my mom. My mom cares about her friends and her reputation than me.

"What is it mom?" I asked, flashing a small smile.

"Lovely and her family will have dinner with us tonight. They wanted to talk to us with something important" Mom said. "It's a surprise, we can't let you out today either, so please help us make dinner" She added and went to the kitchen.

My three cats walked towards me, I petted them and played with them for a bit until my parents called for me. "Let's go to the kitchen, I'll feed you" I told my cats and walked towards the kitchen as they followed me.

I put cat food on their food bowls and helped my parents cook for tonight's dinner. People tell me I'm a good cook but I was self-taught, my parents' usually just order. When they're out and when we have ingredients I cook too, I like home-cooked food anyway.

-

Night came and the doorbell was heard. I answered the door, just as I expected, it was Lovely and her family. I welcomed them inside and they went straight to the dining room.

Soonie, Doongie and Dori were upstairs, dad said they might bother our guests. I just complied, I don't want the guests to bother my babies anyway.

We all sat as mom served us our food. They all talked about adult stuff like politics and the weather so I didn't pay attention at all. Not until they called my name. "Minho dear, were you paying attention?" Mom asked and I shook my head.

"Well, the family we are with tonight is financially unstable. We would be glad to help them but your mom... Er we thought of a way where we could directly give them money" Dad said and I raised my eyebrow, I looked at my mom to explain.

"Son, you're engaged to Lovely" Dad said and tapped on the table with an emotionless face. Recognizing it was morse code, since I could understand it I quietly chuckled.
... .... . .. ... ... - ..- .--. .. -..

"What do you mean I'm engaged to Lovely?! Why can't you just give them money?" I said and Mom brought a finger to her lips as a sign for me to shut up. No, why should I shut up?! I saw my dad rolling his eyes, he seemed against this idea too.

"To directly give them money, and you need a wife too. What if you don't end up with someone? I-- we must give you someone to carry the family name too. Minho you're the heir for our company, you need someone to be beside you to support you" Mom said and I rolled my eyes.

"You're not the boss of me, you don't own my life and especially my lovelife. I am just your offspring, your blood-related son, you may have brought me to the world but this is my life. Give them money but don't include me" I practically screamed and walked out. I ran towards my room and locked myself in.

Soonie, Doongie and Dori came running to me. I cried and cried, they remained by my side in an attempt to comfort me, probably. I heard the calls of my mom but I ignored her, I don't care if they punish me or anything.

I hate her. They separated me from my friends, they took my phone, they took my freedom and they also took my choice to love someone. I love someone else, I can't marry someone because of a stupid reason. She's such an idiot.

I continued to cry, getting my recorder and made a voice log for tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------

... .... . .. ... ... - ..- .--. .. -..
S H E I S S T U P I D

That's what the father was tapping. So the father must be against this but can't do anything to prevent this huh 🤔

Have a great day/night! Stay Awesome and Happy! Good Bye

-Yoozy