Chapter 1: Skateboarder

(This first chapter is basically like the first episode

(This first chapter is basically like the first episode. It's just to start us off and there will be changes to the other chapters. Enjoy!!💕)

Y/N's P.O.V.

"DAD! I can't find my backpack!" I yell while running down the stairs. Today is my first day of school in Hawkins. My dad and I just moved here last month. I'm not really a social butterfly, so I don't expect to make friends very quickly. I don't really choose to isolate myself from others, it just....i don't happens. I let out a frustrated groan as I check under the couch.

"Here." my dad holds it out for me "It was sitting outside on the porch." he says giving me a 'really?' look. I awkwardly laugh and take my bag "Thanks." My dad turns off the lights and puts on his coat "You ready to head off?" he asks ready to turn the door nob. I nod and we walk to the car.

The car ride was quiet, because I just wanted to listen to the radio. Before I knew it, we were already at the school.

"Have a nice day Y/N. I'll try to pick you up on time later!" My dad said before driving off, since he was going to be late for work. I sigh and turn around looking up at the building.

I walk into the school and pull out my school papers that were mailed to me. It has all my classes and which locker is mine. Without thinking, I continue to walk while looking down at my paper. A ahead of me I hear a voice

"Look out!" They shout. I look up and see a girl with bright red hair on a skateboard heading straight at me. Before I could move, she crashes right into me. We both fall in the middle of the hallway, obviously drawing attention to ourselves. People around us stared and others tried to silence their laughs.

"Ugh, I told you to look out!" The redhead said in an annoyed tone. I grunt as I try to get myself back up "It's not my fault your riding your stake board in the middle of the hallway!" I yell in defense "Is that even allowed?" I scoff.
Despite our bickering, the girl still reaches her hand out to help me up. I hesitate thinking she was gonna pull it back last minute.

She slowly waves her hand "My arm is getting tired~" she says as a sign for me to either take it or leave it. I grab her hand and she pulls me up. "Thanks.." I breathe out. She girl picks up her skateboard "No problem. I'm Max."

I smile at her "I'm Y/N" I pick up my paper "Sorry if I'm coming out as a bit stand off-ish, I'm just new and I'm not trying to get on anyone's bad side...but I think I already did." I nervously laugh. Max laughs too "It's okay, I'm new here too, I moved from California. I'm kind of a tough cookie so I get what you mean about being stand off-ish." She smiles.

"Do you have Mr. Clarke for the first class?" I asked the girl. The redhead thinks for a moment "Yeah, I believe so. I'm assuming you do too." I nod.

"I skated past the room already. I can show you where to do. Come on!" Max took hold of my wrist and she dragged me along with her to the classroom. While we ran the bell rang and every student in the hallway started scrambling. It was like a herd of animals running everywhere. Max and I got pushed all over the place which caused us to be pushed further away from our location. I soon fell down. Eventually Max helps me up and we realize we're going to be late. We begin to run again trying our best not to get pushed back.