Chapter 6: Follow the Map

Y/N's P

Y/N's P.O.V.

Mike and I have been at Will's house for hours now. It's turning dark outside. The inside of their house was covered in drawing that connected to each other. It went all throughout the house.

Mike and I were with Will in his room while he tried his best to describe everything."It's like... it's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling. See what he's seeing." Will explained as I sat next to him. Will was sweating more than I've ever seen someone sweat in my entire life. And I've seen Steve Harrington play basketball.

"Like in the Upside Down?" Mike asked. Will nodded "Some of him is there." He said "but some of him is here, too." He said staring intensely at the floor. "Here, like, in this house?" I ask him. "I'm this house and...in me." Will stayed.

Will's voice became more distressed "It's like...it's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel." He said.

"And the more you see these now-memories.." I trailed off. Will shrugged "At first I just felt it in the back of my head. I didn't even really know it was there. It's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard....it was like that. But now it's like..now I remember. I remember all the time." Will let's tears fall from his eyes. He starts shaking.

"Maybe...maybe that's good." Mike said to him. Will looked at Mike confused "Good?". "Just think about it Will. You're like a spy now. A super-spy. Spying on the shadow monster." Mike reasoned "If you know what he's seeing and feeling...maybe that's how we can stop him. Maybe all together this is happening for a reason." He gestured to the drawings all over the wall and floor taped together. I nodded in agreement.

Will thought about it for a minute "You guys really think so?" He asked. "Yeah. Yeah, we really do." I spoke softly. Will started to look over to a specific drawing in a pile with other papers on the floor. It wasn't just a scribble like the ones taped together. It was amazingly detailed. It looked like some type of monster. It must be what the shadow monster looks like.

"What if he figures out we're spying on him?" Will asked in a shaky voice. What if he spies back?" He asked concerned. "He won't." Mike assured him.

"How do you know?"

Mike quickly placed his hand on top of Will's to stop him from shaking. I put my hand on his shoulder. "We won't let him." I confirm.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"Will, what's wrong?"

I woke up to the sound of Mike's voice and to Will gasping for air. Mike and I ended up staying the night and sleeping on the floor in blankets. I called my dad last night to tell him. That was one of the first conversations I've had with my dad since the night his girlfriend was over. I could have spoke to him all these days but I'm just too stubborn to give in.