Chapter 7: The Mind Flayer

Y/N's P

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Get him out. Go! Go!"

"God! Hold on, sweetie!"

Everyone was panicking as Will was being pushed down the halls of the hospital in the hospital bed sobbing.

"I'm right here! Just hold on!" Will's mom spoke to him as we all rushed down the hall following the doctors.

Will yelled in pain as we got to the hospital room. The machines beeping added to the madness.

"Vitals?"

"Heart rate 220. Temperature's 106."

One of the doctors cups Will's face in her hands. "Will, where does it hurt?" She asked. Will continued to scream "All over!" Will yelled.

They took a pair of scissors and started to cut his shirt. Dr. Owen steps forward after talking to Will's mom "She says he feels like he's burning. Check for burns!" He ordered. Will continued to scream as the ER doctors checked him for burns "I don't see anything." one said.

Will cried out louder and louder. I started shaking from the sight. My hands were trembling from the screaming giving me flashbacks. Before I could think about it I feel a hand hold onto mine. I look down and Mike holding my hand.

I didn't look at him, feeling embarrassed. "Where does it hurt the most, Will?" They asked again. "EVERYWHERE! EVERYWHERE!" Will screamed. The doctors put a needle in Will's arm while holding him down.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

The Next Morning

"That thing, it...it did something to him." Will's mom spoke to Doctor Owens. Mike and I stayed at the hospital over night. We slept in the the chairs next to each other in the room right by Will's hospital bed. At this point I haven't seen my dad in so long. I feel guilty that I haven't talked to him. What if he thinks I'm still mad and ran away? What if he reports me missing? What if- ...I need to stop thinking about this.

My eyes start to flutter open with I hear Will's raspy voice from waking up. I rub my eyes and see Bob exiting then room "Is there a doctor? We need a doctor!" I heard Bob yell into the hallway. Mike wake up too and we both sat up. Will's mom rubbed Will's arm and spoke in a soft voice "Sweetie, how you feeling? You okay?" She asked him lightly smiling. Bob entered back into the room and stood beside her "Okay, their on their way."

Bob smiled down at Will "Hey." He greeted. Will looked at Bob without responding then turned to his mom "Who is that?" he asked suddenly. Mike and I both furrowed our eyebrows. Joyce scrunched up her face "What?" We asked slightly sounding nervous. Mike and I looked at each other. Bob chuckled trying to brush it off hoping Will was joking "It's me, big guy. It's Bob." Bob reaches out to hold onto Will's hand. Will swiftly moved his hand before Bob could touch him. "Are you a...doctor?" Will asked still confused. I was getting nervous.