Chapter 4 (S3): The Sauna Test

Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V.

"I'm sorry, I did not quite catch your name."

Y/N thought about Billy's words from earlier that night as she brushed her teeth. Her and El were sleeping over at Max's house. Max wanted El and Y/N to have fun, but all Y/N could think about how nothing was adding up in her mind. It felt like a puzzle to her. Y/N brushed her thoughts away then finished brushing her teeth and went back to Max's room where Max and El were sitting on the bed.

Surprisingly enough, the bed was big enough for the three of them, so Y/N joined them on the bed as Max picked up two comic books. One saying 'Wonder Woman' and the other 'Green Lantern'

"Which one?" Max asked the girls smiling and holding them up. "I don't know." Y/N sighed as she got under the covers. Y/N looked down for a moment, once again thinking about the situation with Billy. Max placed the comic books down on the bed "Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?" Max stated trying to assure her.

"I doesn't make sense." Y/N groaned replying to Max. Max slightly shook her head "What doesn't make sense?" She questioned. "Heather. The blood. The ice." Y/N listed raising her eyebrows. Max started thinking from the top of her head "Heather had a fever, so she took a cold bath, but she's better now. That has to be it. I don't know where that blood came from but... we saw her. We both saw her. She's totally fine." Max explained trying to make sense of the situation.

El turned her head "What about Billy?" she asked. Max furrowed her eyebrows "What about him?" she questioned. El had a worried expression "He seemed wrong." she said in a concerned tone. Max chuckled "Wrong is kind of like his default. But it's nice to know he's not a murderer, because that would've totally sucked." the redhead joked.

El lightly smiled and looked at the comic books Max laid on the bed. "Who... is that?" El asked pointing to one of the comic books. "See, this is why you guys can't just stay inside all the time." Max smiled and picked up the comic book "This is Wonder Woman. AKA Princess Diana. She's from Paradise Island, which is, like, this hidden island where there are only women Amazon warriors."

꧁꧂

The night went on, El and Max fell asleep, but Y/N couldn't find herself to drift off. She stayed up and tried adjusting her eyes to the dark. The noises of the rain outside were calming, but not calming enough to put her to sleep right now. Y/N slowly got up from the bed, making sure not to wake up Max and El, and went of to the kitchen.

She got herself a glass of water, and stood by the window that was providing light from the moon. She started to wonders what Mike was doing. After a few hours at the mall, Y/N started to regret her choice of 'dumping' Mike. She was worried that he hated her now. She just wanted to talk to him, because what most people didn't know about the two was that they always talked about their problems and issues together. Mike helped Y/N out when she needed to most and right now she had so many things she wanted to talked about, but felt like she couldn't with El or Max.