Chapter 8: The Mind Flayer Pt. 2

(This is a LONG chapter! Seriously this felt like one huge word-vomit. Brace yourselves!)

 Brace yourselves!)

Y/N's P.O.V.

Alarms went off. Bob loosened his grip on us "What the hell?" He questioned. Mike and I looked to each other. "We're too late." Mike said. Bob turned to us in confusion "What?".

"We're too late!!" Mike repeated himself as we rushed back to the room leaving Bob even more confused. We frantically entered the room Joyce came to us "What's going on?" She asked. "We're under attack." I stated. We could hear the soldiers and doctors scrambling in the hallways and speaking through their radios. "Where's Hopper?" I asked knowing he'll be good to have around right now.

"I'm not sure but.." Mike turned around to the counter and picked up an injection needle "We need to make Will sleep." he said holding it up. Joyce turned around confused "What?" She asked being lost. "He's a spy. If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster." I say explaining to Joyce.

Suddenly Will sits up and starts to yell aggressively "She's lying!" He shouted. Mike gestured to out in the hallway "He killed those soldiers by leading them down there into the Upside Down for the monster to get them! He'll kill us too!" Mike exclaimed backing me up. Will shouted louder "HE'S LYING! HE'S LYING! HE'S LYING. THEY'RE LYING! THEY'RE LYING!" He yelled while being held down by Joyce and Bob.

We suddenly hear loud pops from outside. Bob turns to the door "Those are gunshots!" He exclaimed afraid. Will continued to scream that we were lying to them.

"Okay, Will, Will, listen, listen. Do you know who I am?" Joyce asked him. Will stayed quiet and looked at her. "Do you know who I am?!" Joyce repeated herself.

"You're...you're...you're Mom." Will said in an uncertain voice. Joyce paused for a moment and turned to Bob "Hold him down." She said sternly. Will tried to fight back "No! No! Let go! No! No! Let me go! Let go!" Will started to kicked his legs frantically as Joyce grabbed his arm. Mike and I covered our ears out of fear from the loud shouting making us nervous.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!" Joyce said before injecting Will with the medicine that put him to sleep. Will's shouted became lower and more calm as he drifted off. Suddenly the door swings open causing my to jump back, just for Mike to grab my hand for me to calm down. I look and realize it's just Hopper and Doctor Owens. They stand there for a moment and take in what they're seeing.

We hear monsters growling outside and banging on the door that leads to this one. I can see the creatures breaking wholes through the wood door. I silently tried to prepare myself for if I need to use my powers. I haven't used them in so long. (You'll find out more about this later)

"We gotta go. We gotta go!" Hopper frantically said picking up Will into his arms. Joyce picked up the sleeping medicine bottle and followed Hopper as he ran out. Mike was still holding my hand as we ran after them too with Bob and Doctor Owens behind. We hear people screaming in pain which makes me slightly tremble. Suddenly a body flies right in front of us and onto the ground causing us all to stop.