Chapter 7 (S3): The Bite

Third Person P

Third Person P.O.V.

Fireworks from the 4th of July celebration lit up the sky outside. The group sat in the cabin, that was not too far from the celebration and listened to Y/N as she explained what she saw.

"He said that he was building something. That is was for El and I." Y/N said as she sat down o the couch between Max and El. "Building something... is he talking about the flayed?" Max questioned. "He must be." Nancy spoke up.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas said while pacing around, back and forth. Mike nodded his head "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread."

"He's building it to stop Y/N and Eleven." Will completed. "Last year, Y/N and El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike explained grabbing Nancy and Jonathan's attention. "Like, royally." Lucas added. "And the Mind Flayer now knows that they're the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way-"

"Game over." Lucas added once again.

"He also said that he was gonna kill all of you." Y/N said looking around at them. Everyone in the room started to tense up. "Yeah, well, that's nice." Max said sarcastically, trying not to get nervous.

The fireworks outside continued on as they all sat quietly for a moment. Nancy suddenly walks slowly over to the window and just stares out. "Do you guys hear that?" Nancy asked softly. Everyone sits up and listens closer. "It's just the fireworks." Jonathan tried to assure her.

"Billy... when he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy asked facing Y/N. Y/N simply nodded her head. Nancy pausing for a moment as they head thudding in the distance. They all stayed quiet and listened closer, as Will felt a familiar feeling on the back of his neck. "He knows we're here." he stated.

They all exited the cabin in one line, Jonathan being in the front. They look far ahead into the forest of trees and fireworks lit up the night sky. What they saw, they could only describe as a huge beast that walked around similar to a spider. The screeching became more clear as it came into sight.

Frantically, they ran back into the cabin and boarded up the windows, as Nancy went into the shed to get a riffle and Jonathan searched for an axe. Once they blocked every window and entrance they were able to with any piece of furniture they could use, Nancy got her gun ready. "Hey, get away from the windows." Nancy warned them. They all stood close together and panting with their backs facing one another.

After a few seconds, the dishes and lights started shaking. "It's close." Will informed out loud. El looked outside one of the highest windows and saw the trees moving, even though there was a lack of any breeze. The shaking suddenly came to a stop. "Where'd it go?" Max questioned. The silence was broken when the creature breaks through the wooden wall with one of its tentacle- like features.