Chapter 2: Understanding Each Other

Y/N's P

Y/N's P.O.V.

The day ended and everyone could finally leave. Max came up to me by my locker  "Hey Y/N, wanna hang at the arcade with me? Just figured since we only know each other we could hangout more." The girl offers. I smile "Sure! Can I meet you there at 3:30?" I asked excitedly. I never usually go outside with friends all that much. Max nodded and said she had to go since her brother was waiting for her. I waved at her then went my separate way to find my dad's car.

Once we reach our house my dad and I walked out the car and to the front door. Once my dad opens the door and enters, I hear two voices to the left of me coming from my neighbors house. I look over out of curiosity and she an older sister yelling over to her brother. "Mike hurry up and get in the house already!" The older girl yelled. The boy rode up the street to the house. I then noticed that's the same boy who's in my class. And one of the boys that's constantly watching Max.

He gets off his bike looking annoyed "Were you standing there waiting for me the whole time?!" He exclaims. The girl crosses her arms "Yes! Because mom and dad aren't home right now and I need to watch you and Holly! How am I supposed to watch a kid if he isn't even in the house?". Mike scoffs and walks inside.

"Hey Y/N, you coming inside or what?" My dad snaps me out of it and I walk in the house closing the door behind me. "Hey dad, it's fine if I use my bike to ride to the arcade at 3:00 right?" I ask him. My dad sits down on the couch "Sure honey, just be careful." He says. I smile "Well that's a relief because I already told my friend I would meet her there." My dad playfully rolls his eyes.

I check the time on the clock and see I still have time to spare before I leave. I think of what I should do but come to the conclusion to just have a snack and read a book.

A more minutes pass and it was time for me to head off. I tell my dad bye and ride my bike over to the arcade. Once I reach it there I see Max from a distance. She gets out the car and she looks like she's arguing with the driver. She slams the car door and walks into the arcade.

I park my bike on the bike rack and walk into the arcade soon after Max. I look around and see her playing 'DIGDUG' I smile and walk over. "Hey Max!" I greet her happily. She turns away from the game "Hey Y/N! Wanna give this game a shot? I'll give you pointers!" Max offered. I shrug my shoulders "Yeah, sure! I've never really been to an arcade before." I say nervously. Max raised her eyebrows "Really? Not even once?!" He asked surprised. I shake my head no. "Well your lucky I'm here to help you! I have the highest score on this game." Max playfully brags. I laugh and she shows me how to play.

Time passes by as Max and I play almost every game in the arcade. We had so fun fun I forgot it was getting late. "I should get going, my dad is probably waiting for me." I say. Max smiles "Okay, it was nice hanging out with you Y/N. I'll see you tomorrow at school!" She waves me as I ride off on my bike and wave back.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Once I reach my house I open the door and hear my dad talking to someone. "Yeah, she should be here any minute now." He says not noticing I walked inside. "Umm dad?" I called over to him. His head turns around to me and he smiles. He gets up and a woman stands next to him "Y/N! Your finally home! I've told you about my girlfriend Janet." He gestures to the woman with brown hair standing then to him. I froze. I honestly forgot all about Janet. I never met her.