Baby Shower

Peggy smiled as she arose from bed, for today was the long awaited baby shower, her and John had just planned the gender reveals 2 weeks ago, and she hadn't seen him since. "I hope he'll be here today " She said getting out of bed and heading down to her kitchen to get tea. She walked in and saw her roommate on the couch, she seemed to be talking to someone. "Maria, I know pregnancy brain is a thing but I didn't think pregnant women tal-" She stopped herself when she saw John sitting there on the couch.  "John!" She said and practically leap into his arms "it's been so long!" John laughed "it's been two weeks" "You haven't called texted,  emailed, wrote,  nothing" She said as she continued to hug him "I'm sorry,  but I'm here now, and we have a baby shower to attend" He smiled and gestured at Maria,  who had a on a beautiful red dress that had lace embroidery and a sash that said "mom to be". Peggy looked at her old night gown and messy hair,  " I'll go get ready" she said and then ran upstairs.  She emerged 20 minutes later,  she had on a yellow pantsuit that had pineapples on the pants,  her hair was pulled half up,  half down and had on a 3 blue bracelets and 3 pink bracelets "Ready?" She said,  John was staring at her,  admiring her beauty "Of course" He said grabbing the bags and heading outside "I'll follow you" He said gesturing towards the car "Pegs" Maria said "Me,  Eliza and Theo were planning on being there earlier then everyone else we have a surprise.. So I was wondering if I you and John could stay back for a bit and I'll go ahead there, it'll give you and John some alone time, since you haven't seen him in so long" She nuged Peggy "Oh your getting a surprise" Peggy said deciding not to acknowledge Maria's last statement "I'm not sure what it is,  Alex and Burr are putting it on,  they just wanted us three there though" Maria said,  knowing good dang and well she was lying,  and that there was no surprise,  she just wanted to give Peggy alone time with John, they were her OTP.  "Ok Maria, I'll see ya there" Peggy said as Maria got on her bike.  John walked over "What was that about" He said Peggy smirked "she,  like the general public ships us" John couldn't help but think "I ship us" And he wanted to say it,  but what would happen if he did? "When'd you become such a scardey cat John" He thought to himself working up the courage to say it.  "Well I mean, I ship us" John said then immediately covered his mouth and turned bright read.  "You idiot!" He thought to himself awaiting Peggy's response.  Peggy turned around "I think for once" She turned around and looked at John,  all dressed up in a suite in the "Us and the general public all agree on something" She smirked and walked closer to him "Oh,  so you ship us to" John looked down at her "How could I not" She said grabbing onto his tie and pulling him down towards her "It would be pretty ha-" John was cut off by the touch of Peggy's lips against his,  after a minute or so he was able to finish his statment "hard not to" Peggy looked at him smiling "Pretty sure it's time to get to that baby shower " She said walking towards her truck,  John following suit.

**at the baby shower**
Peggy and John walked in together Alexander and Burr greeted them at the door "Weird to see you two getting along" Peggy laughed signing the guest book,  John gave Alex and fist bump,  ahook Burr's hand and congratulated them both.  It was weird for John to see his old friend and former lover , especially married,  about to have a kid roaming around this earth. When they got in Peggy immediately went to her sister,  roomate and long time friend to give them each a hug,  then find out were to put the gender revel stuff.  John wandered around waiting to get a chance to see Alex again. "John,  long time no see" Someone came up behind him, it was his old friend and fellow soldier the Marquis de Lafayette.  "Laf,  hey it has been awhile" He said with a smile,  "Surprised to see you here" Lafayette said "I knew you went haywire when your baby momma dumped you,  but I didn't realize you came upstate" Laf continued.  "I thought you were in France Laf" John said "I am,  but I left my wife and kids for a weekend to come to the baby shower" Laf giggled and took a sip of wine "Well I'm gonna go find Alex,  see ya later Laf" John said waved then walked away,  eventually running into Alex "Alex!!" John said very excitedly "John, long time no see" He said going to give his best friend a hug, John gladly accepted the hug but it reminded him of years ago,  when they were young,  dumb and lustful. He suddenly pulled away, "What's wrong John" Alex said "Memories" John replied, sadly "Memories of what?" Peggy suddenly appeared behind him "ah nothing!" John said surprised,  suddenly they heard a clink and Theodoisa started talking "Who's ready for a gender reveal! " She said holding up a balloon,  everyone cheered and Theo threw that thing down violently and it popped open a pink substance came out of it and Burr screamed "I'm gonna have a little princess" Everyone cheered once more when all of a sudden Eliza stood up holding a book,  she opened the book and out sprayed little blue things that said "boy" on them,  everyone erupted into cheer when finally Maria stood up a pinta dropped and she picked up a stick,  gave the pinta a wack and out popped pink confetti. Peggy and John were the only cheering voices in the crowd.   The day went on,  they played games,  talked,  ate tacos and had a good time,  but as 8 o'clock rolled around Peggy was tried and had, had one to many glasses of wine went home with John in her truck (John drove)  when they got home Peggy had passed out in the car and John carried her bridal style in and layed her on her bed "John" She said quietly "lay down" She yawned and patted to the spot next to her "I gotta go home darlin" He said moving her hair out of her face "Please" Peggy said,  tears building up in her eyes "oh ok I guess" He said kicking off his shoes and laying down,  Peggy layed next to him and buried her head into his chest,  John wrapped his arms around her and smiled "What a cutie" He said and dozed off to sleep.  Maria walked in to see if Peggy was ok,  and smiled when she saw her and John laying there.

----
Next parts a big one so get ready
----