Martha Pt.2

***I'M SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!  I'LL TRY TO GET THE NEXT EPISODE OUT SOONER!!!  TO MAKE IT UP TO Y'ALL I LEAVE A COUPLE SENTENCES OF THE BEGINNING OF NEXT CHAPTER AT THE END!!  THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT Y'ALL!!   -- Jar ***

"Excuse me" John said.  "You heard me,  I want you to leave" Martha said.  "Why! " John protested.  "Because Peggy makes me uncomfortable" She said,  "why" John shot back "because why would she want you to make up with me!  It just doesn't make sense John" She yelled.  "All she did was convince me to come down here so I could have a relationship with my daughter and now all of sudden you hate her,  sounds to me like your Jealous." He glared at her.  "Why would I be jealous" Martha said defensively "Because Peggy is pretty and sweet and kind and I actually love her! " He yelled "why do you think you love her" Martha said with a clamer tone "I-" John said "Exactly!  You don't know because you don't love her,  you know what love feels like,  you had it with Alexander and all Peggy is for you is a sad excuse to make up for  the fact that Alexander moved on without a problem" Martha said and smirked silently "YOU-" John picked up a vase and chucked it across the room "YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL" He yelled and kicked her table and stormed out,   gave Frances and hug and grabbed Peggy by the arm walking fastly to the car.  He was furious,  furious,  but mostly confused,  because in a way what she said was true.  "Go,  go,  let's leave South Carolina,  go somewhere have a weekend then head back to new York" He said and Peggy hit the road,  they'd figure out where they were going later,  for now they were both lost in thought.  John kept thinking,  did he love her?  Or was she just a way for him to get away from his feelings for Alexander. "This was a bad idea" Peggy said,  breaking the eerie silence.  "I'm sorry,  I didn't realize she still had feelings for you" She said.  "I didn't realize me being there was such a burden on you and your relationship with your daughter" She said,  her tone increasingly getting more upset.  "I- Peggy" John said before she cut him off "is it true John?  " Peggy said in harsh tone.  "Is what true? " He asked "That I'm just a way for you to get over my brother-in-law" She said and glared at him.  John was speechless.  "No no no" He thought "No that was all Martha getting into our heads!  God I never should've gone to see her and Frances" He thought,  and he wanted to desperately to say it but he couldn't muster up the words and when he looked to Peggy she was crying.  "I cared John,  I cared and I wanted you to have a relationship with your kid!  But dangit John!  You didn't tell me your ex wasn't over you,  you didn't tell me she knew more about you then you'd ever reveal to me! " She screamed through her tears. All John could do was reach his hand out to her,  like it was supposed to comfort her.  "Where you.... Where you really gonna stay alone with her? " She said and wiped her tears,  her sudden change in tone scaring John "I- mea- I" He stuttered "answer the question John Laurens" She said then turned away.  "Yes." He said and let his head hang low in shame. Peggy couldn't believe it.. She sat there , her head spinning.  "Fine then.  I'll drive you back.  You have your visit with your daughter" She said in a harsh tone.  John just looked at her,  speechless.  "You have your time with Frances,  I'm going to back upstate to check on my niece and nephew" She frowned "I'll be back in week. " She said and started crying,  putting her foot on the pedal and driving back to Martha's house. She kept telling herself that having time away from him would be good but truly she was scared,  scared of  what Martha might do to keep John in South Carolina.

*below are a couple lines from the start of next chapter,  I'm trying something new,  the concept is almost like diary entries,  these are from Johns perspective,  please tell me if you like it!!*
Day 1:  It's only been a hour since Peggy left and I'm already worried,  I tried to kiss her before she left but Martha pulled me away so I would hug Frances. I fear Martha's, how do I say this.. Advances? Will get worse as this week goes on, I just pray I have the strength to ignore her. On the plus side I plan on taking Frances and visiting my mother and siblings, Im hoping dad isn't there. The finally part of this entry will be about Peggy I have scheduled text ready to send 2 a day, I could've written them better, god I can't wait to see her again.