John alone

Day 1:  It's only been a hour since Peggy left and I'm already worried,  I tried to kiss her before she left but Martha pulled me away so I would hug Frances. I fear Martha's, how do I say this.. Advances? Will get worse as this week goes on, I just pray I have the strength to ignore her. On the plus side I plan on taking Frances and visiting my mother and siblings, Im hoping dad isn't there. The finally part of this entry will be about Peggy I have scheduled text ready to send 2 a day, I could've written them better, god I can't wait to see her again. 

Day 2:  5 more days,  Sunday can't come fast enough.  I'm gonna be honest with y'all I'm getting more nervous about Martha,  last night she insisted we watch a movie and she layed her head on my shoulder,  I sat silently.  Then after the movie I asked her what that was about  she said it was for Frances to see that we were still her mommy and daddy,  but Frances wasn't anywhere near us,  in fact Frances was taking a bath,  I didn't have the courage to say anything,  god I wish I had said something.  Breakfast was actually really nice,  just me and my daughter at waffle House.  No Martha.  No distractions just quality time with my little girl.  After breakfast Martha proposed that I go see my family tomorrow,  I said ok.  Hoping she'd leave me alone.  She didn't.  She is just ridiculous!  I mean how many times am I gonna have to push her away from me for her to realize that I don't wanna hug her!  Again Sunday cannot come fast enough.  Anyway,  dinners ready so I'll write tomorrow when I have the time.

Day 3:  Today,  I did what I've feared for a long time.  I went to see my family.  When I knocked on the door my youngest sister Mary opened the door "John! " She yelled "Y'all come quick,  John's here" I walked in and everyone ran up to me,  my other sister Martha,  and my brother Henry,  and my mother.  Not my father though,  he was probably reading a newspaper or something or another.  My father hasn't had time for me since he learned about Alexander.  "John my dear what a lovely surprise"  My mother said "Hi momma" I said and smiled "What are you doing back in South Carolina" Henry said "I'm here visiting Frances" I said and took off my jacket "Who's that" He asked.  "My daughter " I laughed anxiously "You've gotta daughter" Mary exclaimed.  "I thought y'all knew th-" I said but was cut off my my mother "No John,  you only told me and your father.  Speakin of,  he's at the store should be back in about 30 minutes,  how long you stayin son" She said as we all walked to the living room. "All day  if I can" I smiled but inside I was definitely dreading my fathers return,  I knew what was gonna happen and guess , what I was kinda right.  My father got home,  saw me and asked if we could talk outside.  He glared at me "How's new York" He asked "Good" I replied.  "Still seeing Alexander" He said in a angry tone "Romantically?  no.  But he is my girlfriend's brother in law so" I said and made a awkward hand motion.  "Girlfriend?  Didn't think you did that sorta thing" He said in a happier,  but still disapproving tone "Dad I have a child" I said "oh you never loved her" He said "Still don't!  But she loves me! " I said and buried my face into my hands.  "You stayin at her house" He said still in that odd tone "fraid so" I said and sighed "Stay here" He said "are you serious" I said "You ain't gonna be smuggling Alexander from new York so I don't see why not" He said.  "Thank you dad,  thank you so much" I smiled,  I leaned in for a hug but he denied it.   "Give me tomorrow to pack my stuff and I'll be here Thursday till Sunday " I said and headed inside.  The rest of the day was uneventful,  we talked,  we ate,  we drank sweet tea and I went home.  Avoided Martha at all costs and went to bed. 

Day 4:  I'm. So. Ready. To. Leave.  Martha kissed me!  When I came out of the shower! She was just in the bathroom and kissed me!  I pushed her away and she looked at me with a evil grin "Not like Alexander huh" She said "stop that" I frowned "I bet Peggy's arent like his either John" She said  and I could feel the hair on the back of my neck raise "Whateva your trying to do Martha it won't work" I said and tried to open the door "all I'm trying to do is tell you that you aren't in love with Peggy" She said and it' was like I could feel her smirk "Well I ain't in love with you either" I said and walked out.  She followed me "I ain't tryin do nothing but help you" She said and leaned against the wall "and this is your definition of helping! " I yelled,  throwing my arms out,  completely forgetting I had a towel on and embarrassing myself when I was trying to act all tough. I picked my towel up,  Martha snickered.  "This is you helping!  Why do you want me to run after a married man Martha!" I yelled.  She was silent.  "You haven't changed a bit" She said and walked out of my room.  Then about 2 hours later I left,  I gave Frances a kiss on the forehead and left.  That women.  She just makes me so angry!  I'm not still in love with Alexander,  for crying out loud he's married,  to my girlfriends sister none the less!  Girlfriend... dang I miss Peggy so much,  I remember when we met,  we talked all night at that coffee shop.. Good time,  as soon as I get back to New York I'm taking her to get coffee!  I need to stop rambling,  back to what happened.  When I got to my parents my momma and Mary cooked dinner,  at the dinner table everyone was quiet.  After dinner I pulled Mary to the side "is it already that time again" I asked she just nodded.  It was Jame's birthday tomorrow.  Would've been his 17th birthday I reckon,  but he died when he was 10. Fell out of window while we were playing one day.  Tomorrow' will visit the graveyard.

Day 5:  We went to the graveyard this morning.  Momma was overcome with tears.  We all left flowers at James grave.  Dad drove momma home but me,  Henry,  Martha and Mary went to get lunch after,  a quiet lunch but a lunch.  Sorry if this entry is short,  I just don't like talkin bout James.  Everyone always said we was so alike.  It's sad to think he never got to grow. 

Day 6:  Yesterday was rough,  but today's everyone's walking a little lighter.  Henry asked me and dad about the army but dad didn't let me speak,  he doesn't think I was 'real soldier'  because of Alexander,  refuses to acknowledge that I worked along side the president.  It doesn't really bother me that much though,  he can't take back all the braggin he did so no one can forget that I was in it.  Tomorrow Peg's comes and gets me,  I haven't talked to her all week and it's kinda sad but I'm ready to poor my guts out and apologize to her,  wonder what she did all this time...