The L word

"Yes" He said. Peggy was filled with every emotion there was "Really?" She asked.  "Of course,  I love you and moving in could be the next part of our relationship" He smiled happily,  not realizing what he said. Peggy froze ,  that was the L word.  She felt like a middle schooler because of the way it shook her but that was nothing compared to the sworm of thoughts that flooded her head "do I say it back,  do I ignore it?  What do I do" She thought to herself,  she elected to ignore it hoping that John didn't pay attention to what he said.  "Yes,  moving in is the next step,  and now that there is a open room you can sleep there and there is no baby and-" John cut her off "You want me to take Maria's room?" He asked,  slight disappointment in his voice "oh well,  I mean it would only be for a couple of days while I got space cleared in my closet and cleared the side draws and stuff like that" She came up with that excuse rather quickly.  "Oh of course" John shook his head and there waiter brought their food out just in time to stop the akwardness. "Thank you" Peggy and John said and Peggy sighed "so when do we need to get the trucks?" She asked. "Um let's see,  tomorrow? That'll give me time to pack things" John smiled and they ate the rest of their meal
- 3 days later-
"Hey John check this out" Peggy showed him her phone "Eliza and Alex dressed Phillip up in a military uniform" She laughed and John faked a smile.  He needed to tell her. "Peggy,  I need to talk to you" He sighed and sat on her bed.  "I can't hide this from you any longer" He frowned and Peggy held his hand "what's wrong" She asked "I have to tell you the real reason I don't get to see my daughter" He looked her in the eye and almost cried "Peggy,  Martha and I we never wanted a kid, actually we'd only been dating for a short time before she got pregnant and I stayed with her for 8 months,  then I slipped.  I came home with a purple spot on my neck and Martha was furious because that's when she found out that the whole time I'd been, how do you say I guess hooking up with Alexander,  Alexander Hamilton.  Your brother-in-law,  of course at this time we wasn't your brother-in-law.  When Martha found out she slapped me and told me I'd never see my daughter for I must not love her" He took a deep breath in and looked at Peggy who was soaking it in.  "John,  I-" She took a moment to collect herself "You have to apologize" She hit him "It's whatever that you and Alex had a relationship it's another that you had it when your girlfriend was pregnant,  and you didn't break up with her,  we're going to South Carolina and you are apologizing John Laurens you are getting into your daughters life and you are apologizing" Peggy hit him once more for good measure. "Yes- yes ma'am" He stood up "Now go back because we're going to South Carolina" She pushed him out of her bedroom and grabbed her own suit case,  packing.  About a hour later John came in "I booked us flights,  they had some for tonight actually" He grabbed her suitcase and loaded it into the car.  They locked the door and headed to the airport,  when they arrived they had to run to the gate but made it "So do you remember the address?" Peggy asked "Yes actually,  I wrote it down before I left" John replied and pulled a small piece of paper from his jacket pocket "Ok great,  so will stay in the hotel tonight then first thing tomorrow were going over and bringing a offering of cupcakes" Peggy smiled and they talked the whole flight down.  When they arrived it was 2:30 am and they basically passed out as soon as they hit the hotel bed.  Peggy awoke first and left to get cupcakes.  By the time she got back John was up and dressed "Ready" Peggy asked,  John just shook his head and they walked down to the lobby and into their Uber.  55 minutes later they arrived.  John rang the doorbell and a young lady with a toddler that highly resembled John answered the door,  "Martha I-"