A new chapter of life

30 minutes.  That's all Peggy had.  30 minutes.  She had 30 minutes until John arrived and she would ask him to move in with her.  Maria had left with Susan 3 hours and 30 minutes prior and Peggy had told herself that in 4 hours at her dinner with John,  a new chapter of her life would unfold.  She thought of it positively but now that it was creeping forward she was scared. It was 4:30 and Peggy decided to put on a dress,  specifically a yellow one that had a blue belt attached.  The belt marked the start of the skirt that came to about 4 inches below her knees, the dress was all yellow (except for the belt) and a long sleeves dress with a small v-neck.  She put on  makeup and put her hair into a a half up half down space buns thing that she liked.  About 5 minutes after Peggy finished getting ready John arrived at the door, exactly 5 o'clock.  Peggy walked to the door and saw John in navy blue suit that had a white undershirt and actually slicked backed his hair instead of just pulling it back.  "Hello Peggy" He said and pulled flowers out from behind him   Peggy blushed and took the flowers,  examined them and said "There beautiful John",  she sat them down and hugged John.  " Soooo were do you wanna go to dinner?" He said.  "What about like,  Longhorns,  I want bacon cheese fries" Peggy laughed and John sighed "I don't happen to have clothes here do I?  I kinda wanna take off the suite jacket and long sleeves undershirt and put on a nice short sleeves button up" He grinned akwardly "You do!" Peggy exclaimed "Great because I'm really not feeling the whole dress thing,  I'm thinking more some cool pants and a dress shirt" She said and grabbed John's arm,  running him inside.  She grabbed two stop watches "at the count of three we're going to start these then go change and run back down stairs and see he who gets a better time" She stated.  "Ok then" John said,  they both counted in unison and started running.  John got down meer seconds before Peggy and won the competition.  "You cheated didn't you" She huffed,  clearly out of breathe.  "I did no such thing,  now let's go get you those cheese fries" He said and carried her bridal style to the truck. Peggy and John arrived at the Longhorns in 10 minutes,  and the Longhorns wasn't busy at all,  which worried and relived Peggy.  It worried her because she the less busy it is the less noise and the more likely someone will hear their conversation.  On the other hand,  the more busy a place is the more likely it is that multiple people could hear their conversation. Now that Peggy thought of it she probably should've planned a dinner at home  that way no one could hear her ask him to move in with her.  Peggy was weirdly paranoid about random people knowing that she wanted John to move in with her because when Eliza and Alexander moved in with each other there were people who didn't like that and vandalized the house.  A couple minutes after they got to the restraunt they were seated and had already orderd drinks.  John asked Peggy how work was.  "Pretty generic" She laughed "I've been working on editing a video and it's just missing something" She frowned "Sparkles?" John questioned.  Peggy's face lit up "Exactly!  Your a genius" She exclaimed "how was your day?" She asked.  "Pretty good actually,  someone came in asking for some gun shooting lessons,  so I gotta teach em" He sounded genuinely thrilled about that "Also,  a old friend came into the shop and a old,  er someone I ain't friendly with" He took a sip of his sweet tea and immediately his face went sour "Ew,  what is this" He stated in disgust.  "It's just sweet tea John" Peggy said sipping her lemonade,  John sighed "that ain't sweet tea" He said like he was in pain from the drink.  "Oh,  yeah,  there's a difference  between southern sweet tea and northern sweet tea" Peggy laughed,  and then to change the subject said "Who were the people" She asked,  very curious.  "You might know him,  Hercules Mulligan" He stated and smiled "Oh,  Hercules.  Yes I know him,  not that well but I know him" She said,  then paused "Who was the other person?" She asked even more curious then the last time.  "Charles Lee" John said with more disgust in his voice then when he took a sip of the qoute on qoute sweet tea.  "He was my S.O.  for a bit during my time in the Army,  and me and him do not get along. Actually it was one of his actions that got me moved " John frowned and Peggy extremely intrigued asked "What he'd do?!". John reluctantly answered "He witheld information that could've saved countless lives from me and the soldiers following me into battle" John furrowed his eyebrows "a lot of men and women died because he didn't like me and withheld crucial information from me" John took a second to breathe.  "So how'd you react" Peggy asked "I tackled him and screamed at him.  Accused him of causing the death of all those men and women" John said with a blank face.  "He tried to accuse me of assault and send me to jail,  but the judges son had been one of the men who died that day and she let me off with just a movement of post.  I also took him into trial over claims off something,  I don't fully remember.  He got a couple months behind bars and was told he couldn't hold a commanding position in the military anymore" John said the breathed a huge breath.   They talked and are when eventually the topic of Maria came up "Oh yeah,  there's now a opening in my house for someone to move in" Peggy half-joked and John in response stated "I'll fill that vacancy" And laughed,  Peggy in shock decided this was a good time to ask him. "Hey John,  do you wanna actually fill the vacancy?" She asked.