6 | Someone's Hero

| Chapter 6 : Someone's Hero |

"(Y/N)!" Shi-Inki yelped as I tapped her from behind.

"Hehe, found you." I giggled, giving her a playful smirk before running off to find the other kids.

One by one, they were all found.

We gathered by the swing sets and decided who would count next.

"That's not fair," A tiny girl huffed, "(Y/N)'s too good at this game! She practically knows where to look."

"It's a sixth sense." I joked, pointing to my forehead, hoping a third eye would pop out.

"Or maybe it's her quirk," I heard Aonyou mumbled, only to get jabbed by Eroji.

"Whatever." Shi-Inki dragged, "The next person to count should be Sanyo!"

The entire group burst into rejection. Shi-Inki shrunk and hid behind me for protection.

"You're the one who got found first," One kid pointed out.

"Yeah. Just own up, you suck at hide and seek," A girl giggled.

"I do not!" Shi-Inki blew the girl a raspberry, but quickly retreated as they started to grab at her.

"Get her!" A male yelled, and thus began the chase for Shi-Inki; it was one of the popular games at recess. She was one of the smallest kids, but for some reason, could run really fast. No one's been able to catch her before class starts.

I laughed upon hearing Shi-Inki's protests, though no one else noticed as they were too preoccupied in chasing her around. I could see the desperation in their eyes.

I pulled out a book I had hid in my jacket and plopped down beneath a tree. Dad was right, it was cold today — the winds died down compared to yesterday, but the chilling atmosphere didn't disappear.

As I tried to focused on my book instead of the screams in front of me, I glanced to the window directly besides me. It was my classroom, and I smiled at how different it looked from the outside. The room was empty until the door suddenly open.

I hid, technically I was breaking the rules with taking a book outside. Luckily, the tree provided safety from any teacher's eyes.

After a while, I peeked up from the floor, hoping that the teacher left. However, the person who entered the room wasn't even a teacher. It was the cold boy from yesterday!

I curiously watched as he sat down in his usual seat and got out a piece of paper, rushing to write something. Since I had nothing better to do, I tried to lean closer to the window to see what he was writing. Call it fate or whatever, but the boy's seat was directly in front of the window, and his back was facing me. What luck right?

What I had forgotten was that shadows were a thing, and since the tree was beside me, its shadows wasn't long enough to cover mine's.

I panicked as the boy stiffened and quickly turned around, I stumbled backwards, not wanting to be caught and labeled as a 'stalker.'

Good news was that the boy didn't see me, and just turned back around. Bad news was that a teacher was right behind me and had found the book I brought outside.