Chapter 1

A/N this first part is the direct quote from Sarah Maas' book, on page 800.  I hope this turns out well, but keep in mind I'm trying to keep the initial writing style, which includes the two slightly different point of views these series have. Enjoy. 

disclaimer: the video above is not mine nor is it made for this book specifically. I admired all the work that was put into it by the real creator, and wished to show you as well. 

Chapter is edited. 

She passed through a world of snow capped mountains under shinning stars. Passed over one of those mountains, where a winged male stood beside a heavily pregnant female, gazing at those very stars. Fae. 

They were fae, but this was not her world. 

She flung out a hand, as if she might signal them, as if they might somehow help her when she was nothing but an invisible speck of power- 

The winged male, beautiful beyond reason, snapped his head toward her as she arced across his starry sky. 

He lifted a hand, as if in greeting. 

A blast of dark power, like a gentle summer night, slammed into her.

Not to attack-but to slow her down. 

A wall, a shield, as she tore and plunged through.

But it slowed her. That winged male's power slowed her, just enough. 

Aelin thought she was finally going home, she was alive. That's when the last reserves of her power gave, and she fell, straight to the unfamiliar world beneath her, and she blacked out. 

.......

"It's almost as beautiful as you this starfall," Rhys whispered into her ear. Feyre blushed. She rubbed her swollen stomach and watched the stars shoot across the sky. 

Not stars- spirits. Traveling to a beautiful sanctuary, beyond this world. Perhaps they'd one day find rest. 

The wind picked up, shaking the leaves on the trees. She could smell something on the air- magic.  Something was happening. 

Another spirit shot across the sky. But it didn't look like a star. It looked like a young woman. 

She nudged her mate, but he'd already spotted the person. 

He reached out a hand to slow her down so she wouldn't hit the ground hard enough to kill her. 

The girl looked hopeful. She, like the spirits, was lost, ready to find her way home. 

But her face soon changed, and she screamed. Feyre watched her body go limp. 

She jumped into the air, even eight months pregnant, and flew quickly to where the girl was falling with Rhys close behind. As Feyre got closer, she could see it was a human girl, but she had a strange smell to her. 

Rhys reached the girl first and grabbed her out of the sky. He then spoke through their bond. 

She's not dead. Tell our family to have a room ready for her at the House of Wind. We'l winnow her there. 

I nodded and spoke to Mor. She would get everyone.  I hoped they weren't having too much fun at the Starfall party and could get away for a while. 

I reached Rhys and we both winnowed to Velaris, and from there flew to the House of Wind. 

Whoever this girl was, the scars on her wrists showed something terrible had happened.