Chapter 22

A/N  This chapter won't have much action compared to others, but I hope you still enjoy it! If you have any questions, please let me know. 

Thanks for all your support!

(Picture of Azriel's mate. Can't say the name but it's revealed  later in this chapter) 

.............

Az stared at the girl. He didn't believe it. The witch was his mate. 

She had noticed as well. Her eyes widened and she turned and ran through the doorway. Great. Now they had a witch loose in the castle that may or may not be on their side. 

He followed close behind her in the shadows, but didn't dare to do anything. His nature was to watch and listen, never make himself known. 

He watched the witch enter the conference room. 

"Manon Blackbeak-Crochan has sent me." Her voice was sweet and musical. Azriel could listen to it all day. 

"My name is Petrah Blueblood. I need to speak with Aelin Galathynius." Petrah. A beautiful name. 

Rowan rose from the table. "Queen Aelin is occupied right now. You can tell me." 

The witch looked around before closing the heavy wooden doors to the room. "Armies. Every witch from Adarlan, the ones left in the ferian gap, the ones in Morath. Demons. Appearing everywhere. A host of a different demon, in arachnea form, from the Southern Continent. And a large army from Doranelle." 

Rowan cursed under his breath. Aelin was recovering still. They weren't ready to move yet. He reached for the bond between them to check on her. He was surprised at the flicker of fire on the other end. Aelin had heard the whole thing through the bond. 

"I had to deliver the news, but I need to leave now." The witch sounded desperate. 

"You need to stay. We have had no news from Orynth. We don't know what's happening." This did not come from Rowan, but from Aelin as she walked into the room like she'd been awake the whole time. "Unless you strongly oppose for some reason." 

Petrah shook her head, feeling the magic that swept over her. Her claws and teeth came out involuntarily. 

Many of the high lords at the table gasped. They weren't accustomed to witches. Extremely beautiful, Thousands of years old, and deadly as a mad Nesta. 

Petrah walked out, refusing to glance at the shadows where she knew he stood. 

...........

When Petrah was gone, Aelin sat calmly in her seat at the large table. 

"You can come out now, Az." she said with a small smile.

The shadowmaster did, in awe. No one had ever found him. Not even Rhys if he didn't want to be found. 

"Az, you know something." Not a question, but Azriel nodded anyways. "Mind telling us?" 

"it-" he began hesitantly. "It's of no use to us right now, but, I-I think that witch is-is my mate." 

The room was silent. Aelin nodded. "Well, go find her then. This is your ship to sink or sail." 

Az nodded and disappeared. Aelin leaned forward. 

"We have three species against us. Demon, Witch, Fae. We can use use our forces where they will be most useful. The biggest army will be the demons, as they create new ones by the day. The Prythian armies will be our best bet on keeping them contained. There are also three clans of witches fighting against us, depending on how many Manon has turned. We need more information from the witches on our side, but I think it's best to put our Rukhin on them, as that is our Aerial cavalry. Last, the fae. There won't be many, as they have heard by now of what Maeve has been doing. That means who she does have will be especially cruel." 

She shivered, remembering Cain. Rowan put a comforting hand on her back. " We have plenty of fae to help with that. And we have the upper hand. These armies don't know of your weaknesses. They will think iron affects you. I want you to use this information wisely. Do not let them know too soon. Are there any questions?" 

If one had questions, it wasn't asked. Not with her new powers flooding the room. 

"Good. I wish you each to choose your best warrior. I will spar with them to replenish my strength before we march in two days. Meet me on the training field." 

...........

Like I said, boring right now. Next chapter should be better. Weakened Aelin fighting the best warriors Prythian has to offer? Who could win? What about when Rowan and Rhys fight? Sorry this post was a little later than I would have liked. I have great plans for this story. 

 I love hearing from the readers, so don't hesitate to comment throughout any part of this.

One small thing: In case you haven't noticed, I like subtly or not so subtly putting references from the original books into my writing. If you have a certain one you want me to put in here, let me know. 

That's all. Sorry for the long Authors notes