Chapter 18

Mave paced in Erawan's tent. 

"This changes everything. She will ruin everything," Erawan said angrily. "You told me this would work." 

"It should have, patience. Let me think. There's ways to defeat her." An idea came to the dark queen. A grin slowly spread across her face. It wasn't pleasant. 

"I was able to manipulate the mating bond. Why not some other Fae processes?" 

Erawan sat forward curiously. "Which one do you have in mind?" 

"One that would make the queen helpless for days." 

........

When Aelin opened her eyes again, the sunlight was cast around the room, turning it gold. Turning, she saw Rowan had already awakened, sitting next to her. 

"It's about time you woke up." 

"How long?" 

"Well, let's see," Rowan said, "Yeah, ten days." 

She jumped up quickly. "What? What's happened?" 

"The high lords - and lady- woke up a few days ago. They've been waiting for your orders." 

"I have to go see them." Aelin said. 

Rowan groaned. "Can't you stay with your mate, who's missed you more than them?" 

"No, I'm hungry. Do they have chocolate cake here?" 

Her mate chuckled, rising. "Alright, then. Come on."

.............

The leaders had been gathered by the time Aelin ate. They now awaited her orders, as well as to see her. A few who hadn't seen her since she supposedly died as well. 

When the queen walked into the room, it was silent. The high lords made way for the one group Aelin really wanted to see. Chaol stood protectively next to a young woman. One that Aelin recognized. She smiled. 

"Yrene Towers, right?" 

Chaol stepped forward. "Lady Yrene Westfall now." 

Aelin was truly happy for her friend. "Congratulations. For that, you walking, and for the baby." 

"Dorian," she greeted the king. 

"Aelin, I'm so glad you're ok. Rowan hasn't talked to me since... Since the whole thing." 

The queen shot a look at her mate. We'll talk about this later. 

"And Elide. How's the ankle?" 

The lady smiled. "There's no shortage of overprotective fae to help brace it." She said, shooting  a look to Lorcan, standing warily behind her. They were all on edge with so many powerful fae in one room.

Aelin turned to Fenrys last. She blinked three times. He blinked twice. They'd have to talk later. 

Finally she turned to the rest of the room. "We have a lot to discuss, so, please, be seated. At her words, a large round table appeared in the room. 

"To begin, how many soldiers have we lost? 

"Two hundred of the original twenty thousand, your majesty. That's very good considering the size of the demon army." Thesan said. 

"And High Lord Tamlin, correct?" Thesan nodded grimly. 

She felt Feyre request access to her mind. 

He left a note, but it is not matters that need to be discussed with the other high lords. 

Aelin nodded to show she understood before continuing. "And the remaining soldiers of the spring court are under who's command now?"