Chapter 8

Kara's pov

Our lunch with Lena went amazingly.

We talked and laughed for almost two hours then decided to go to Alex and see what's my body reaction if it gets in contact with kryptonite.

Of course Lena didn't let me fly us to the DEO. She said because of the side effects I might have but I'm pretty sure it's more about her fear from flying.

I don't know if I'm excited or petrified from the results.

I deal with Kryptonite for about 5 years since Alex weakened me to train me. I know how it effects me, Lena said I have a God complex from fearing it and being angry with whoever has it but the truth is that it feels like there's fire in my veins and my skin would fall off any minute. So I learned how to fight for my loved once even if I'm under it.

But what my life will be if I would actually be resistant to it?

I cannot imagine even an alternative time line where a kryptonian would be umbeatable. What would a person like Lex do if they found out, that the one thing, they could use to make me weak and beat me is gone? Will they try to found something else to cause me harm?

Otherwise I'm excited to be fearless. Of course not because of myself but for Alex and for my other loved ones.

Alex was always a worried mess when I was on field without backups. Is it because she isn't trusting me? Is it because she's questing my ability to sve lives? Rao, of course not. She was scared because if kryptonite was involved she could easily lose me on the field.

I've seen that reality. Alex standing above my graveyard, bringing me food, talking to me and telling me she is lost without me.

After she broke up with Maggie she was lost and started to drink. There wasn't a single sober hour for her.

She has problems with drinking since college and as they say there's no complete healing from it, so even if I'm only her little sister I've always tried to keep her away from her addiction.

I know for sure if she would lost me too she would drink all day in a corner of a bar and eventually be with me in the light of Rao.

So if I could go to the field knowing they cannot cause me harm and knowing that Alex is less a worried mess then I'm all here for that...

Suddenly I feel a hand on my knee... I jump slightly

'Sorry I didn't mean to scare you. Are you alright? You zoomed out completely' Lena asks a little bit worried

'I just got lost in my mind and in my emotions' I'm talking way too quite

'What emotions?' She stops talking right away than she adds to it 'I was rude, sorry, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. There's no rush.' she becomes shy and quiet

'It's okay, and I do want to share my feelings with you. I was just thinking what this results could mean to me. You know if I would be truly resistant to the kryptonite.' I say to her truthfully

'And?' she asks shyly

'And I'm petrified and excited at the same time. To me that doesn't make sense at all'

I have to ask her something which could be too much for her...

'Lena can I ask you a favour?'

'Anything'

I turn to sideways to look at her even if she have to focus on the road it feels like I look into her eyes

'I know it sounds childish but pleas don't leave my side, I need you right next to me.. Please...' I guess that's when I let her in completely, now she knows how scared I could be sometimes