Chapter 7 - Reveal

Season 1

Season 1

Chapter 7 - Reveal

Locking her bicycle in the parking slots, she takes her duffle bag from the bike's carrier and headed inside Tokyo Gen. Club. This is one of Tokyo's Martial Arts Schools, where a lot of combat sports are taught. A person enrolls in a martial art class that he/she wants to learn and learns along with other students that are enrolled. A mentor has their own classrooms for their martial art class, which are their own dōjōs, it makes it much more easier for them to teach.

Keon is enrolled in a Karate and Hapkido class, mentored by Hayami Toshiro. She has been learning here ever since she started martial arts. Currently she's continuing her training, since college doesn't start in months.

Keon goes straight towards where her studio was located. Today wasn't an ordinary training, but the 1-on-1 training she's also been learning for years. This was what her sensei called, as the special class.

She opens the glass doors, entering. She removes her shoes, leaving her bare footed, placing her footwear in the shoe racks and her duffle bag above it. Upon stepping in the dojo, she was met by her grinning mentor. "Keon Mitsuki, you're late. What did I say about late comers?"

"Hey! I have a pretty good reason I'm late sensei." Keon smirks, crossing her arms as she approached Hayami. "Oh make sure it's valid or else your warm ups will be doubled." He threatens in his smiling face.

"My mom told me you also knew Nogi."

Hayami's expression turned into something serious. "Oh. I guess your mother told you already? Very well, we'll talk about that, firstly we have training." He claps his hands and stepped one foot backward, bending his front. His rear arm was in a fist and his other arm was pointed downwards, his knuckles curled.

Keon got confused, she thought there was something to be learned today, why does it look like they'll be fighting. Why's he stancing? Is today's training a...

"Let's spar. Don't hesitate do what you've learned in the style I've taught you."

"What!? We haven't did I single spar ever since I've learned it! Why now?" Keon stepped one leg back, bending her front leg, she raises one of her arms at mid level with her hand opened and her fingers were folded against her bottom knuckle. Her other arm was at her hip, along with her other hand in a fist. She stanced, this was sudden, but there was no way to retreat.

"If you wanna learn about the thing your mother said. Beat me in this sparring first." With that, Hayami lunges and did quick hand strikes with his fist. Keon's reaction was a bit late but she was fast enough to block every attack Hayami gave, though it made her step backward as Hayami was pushing through.

When Hayami was about to grab her, she ducked down. Tsuru Kata: Touch down. Keon continued to drop herself to do a low spinning heel kick, hitting Hayami's legs, making him fall down. She was about to land her elbow, but he immediately rolled away, avoiding her. He stands up, a proud grin has formed on his face. She really is ready to know the truth.