Chapter 8 - Participation

Season 1

Season 1

Chapter 8 - Participation

Underground discharge tunnel (40 meters below ground)

This is the metropolitan area outer discharge tunnel. Tonight, fighters will get a chance to win the membership of the Kengan Association by taking part in unofficial fights.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for coming all the way down here to join us tonight." A large cage elevator lands itself on the fight ring and the cage gates open revealing the two fighters of the match.

The referee turned to the audience. "Let me now introduce the fighters. This fighter holds the membership of the kengan association. Ushitami Food Service's affiliated fighter... Yokota Masayusa." This was the man wearing a karate gi and a purple belt. "The challenger is Yamashita Corporation's affiliated fighter, Tokita Ohma." Yamashita was standing behind him, his head lowered down, also looking pale and nervous as hell.

"Isn't that guy with Nogi?"

"He knocked Sekibayashi down."

"He's the rookie everybody's talking about."

"Has he transferred already?"

Yamashita sweated endlessly, while holding to the attache case filled with a huge sum of money.

"Yamashita Corporation?"

"Their President looks really pale."

How did I get myself into this? He was hearing everything they said about him making his nervousness worse than it is.

"A company?" Yamashita repeats.

"Yes, your company." Nogi speaks, while a Cuban cigar is in his mouth and leans on his chair. "The Kengan Association is an organization of business managers and finance people. So, to become a member of the association you need to be a company manager, it's just a formality." He rests his head on his knuckles. "The name of the company and its line of work don't really matter. How about a simple name as Yamashita Corporation?"