Chapter 10

KIDD

Kidd led Killer over to the clearing that housed the pool. They landed and folded their wings before glancing around to check on their surroundings. Kidd found things satisfactory first and walked over to the darkening pool. Killer continued to gaze around and let Kidd guide him wherever.

Kidd gazed into the water and spotted Law laying at the bottom. He was somewhat difficult to see with the shadows creeping up, and Law not moving didn’t help matters. Kidd felt a scowl pull at his face as he stepped into the water to try and get the merman’s attention by causing ripples. There was some movement before Kidd saw glowing silver eyes gaze up at him before Law stretched out.

Killer finally walked over to Kidd, “He stays here?”

The surprise in Killer’s voice irritated Kidd for some reason, so he didn’t bother responding. The two silently waited for Law to pull himself up onto the shore. He didn’t go as far as he had been, he kept the majority of his tail in the water. Kidd momentarily wondered if he was having some sort of water withdrawal or other fish related issue. 

Law looked from Kidd to Killer uneasily, looking the kestrel up and down slowly, “Who is this?”

“This is Killer. He helped me treat your wounds, “ Kidd tipped his head in the blonde’s direction and altered his stance slightly.

The merman’s eyes silently appraised Killer before he seemed to accept the statement with a nod, he must have flicked his tail as well due to the ripples on the water surface, “I’m Law. Thank you for helping me. “

Killer nodded, “Yeah, no problem.”

Kidd sat on the ground to be at Law’s height, after a moment Killer followed suit. Law relaxed, content with their arrangements, and laid on his side. He took care to avoid laying on his fins and healing wounds. Killer folded his wings over and over again anxiously.

“How’d you entertain yourself today?” Kidd reached a wing out to brush a few feathers over Law’s head.

Law grinned and batted the wing away, “Wouldn’t you like to know? Well, I went exploring and then found some company.”

“Company?” Kidd peered into the pool after a glance to Killer who shrugged.

Law nodded, “The freshwater has snails.”

As if that explained things, Law rolled onto his back, “I have been thinking whether I should go. It may not be permanent, but it would be nice to leave this pool once in awhile.”

Kidd could feel Killer’s eyes burning into his side. He drew his other wing and laid it over Killer to keep him content. He felt Killer’s wings fold again before stilling.

“Sure, we have a few things to take care of here. Besides I could see you at the ocean shore instead anyways.” Kidd shifted slightly and flashed a grin towards Law.

Law nodded although his expression was still troubled. Killer messed with his gauntlets and cleaned them out with some sturdy feathers.

“Be careful, “ his words were ominous, they weren’t sure who he was speaking to or of and he didn’t elaborate.

Law watched Killer a moment, “I will. “

-

ZORO

Zoro darted off to the barracks immediately after receiving permission from the Prince. He held a hand over his swords and paused at the practice grounds to seek out a particular merman. He quickly spotted who he was looking for and waited for them to stop teaching their class.