Chapter 4

The next week was a blur for both Marshall and Khrys. While the rest of the world was dying down from awards season bliss, it had only just begun for them. Marshall was currently working on his newest album while Khrys was back and forth between filming a movie and putting in a little bit of work in at the studio herself.

After that faithful night, Marshall had done everything he could within reason to get Khrys' number. The idiotic fucker at the bar just had to be in the right place at the wrong time. Now he was wondering whether  she sat by her phone every second of the day, hoping he'd call or if she simply just brushed it off and forgotten him already. He doubted she'd be caught up over someone like him yet, she was all he could think about.

Marshall had even gone so far as to ask Paul to talk to her publicist to get some kind of contact info. Paul raised his brows at this request and when he'd asked why, Marshall simply stated "For business reasons." Paul rolled his eyes, mumbling a "Yeah, right." Unfortunately it took a turn for the worst when Khrys' publicist realized who it was trying to get in contact with her client and mumbled a quick "We're not interested, please don't call me again." before hanging up the phone. Apparently she had heard some of Eminem's music and wasn't a fan of his image and therefore, wouldn't want her pristine client to have anything to do with him.

After a straight week of trying, he had given up. He went back to his music and so far was so on track that he'd be able to release his album in about 8 months. That gave him plenty of time to perfect, critique and promote. His birthday was also vastly approaching, being just a month away and everyone seemed more excited about it than he did. He had ignored all the hype about it and stayed focused on his work.

Things at home with Kim were also getting progressively worse. As much as he loved her and wanted to stay with her for Hailie's sake, he wasn't sure how much of it he could take. Don't get him wrong, she was a great mother and he loved her dearly, but he didn't think he could keep up with this facade for much longer. They were hurting one another in the process and that was the last thing he'd wanted. They both deserved to be happy, he knew that. But it doesn't necessarily mean that they needed each other to find that happiness.

The whole situation had made him think about Khrys and her beautiful smile and her breathless rasp of a voice. He thought about whether or not it would be different with her. It was wrong for him to think that and he didn't even know why he was. Every since that night, he'd thought about her, dreamt about her, wished for her. You name it, he did it.

On the other hand, Khrys had her hands full. Interviews in different countries for the last week. Filming and recording had become a bit much but, it wasn't anything she couldn't and hadn't dealt with before. After winning her awards that night, David had called and congratulated her and even suggested that they meet up to have a celebratory dinner. When she'd declined, he begged and pleaded like a child. It was then that Khrys realized, it'd take him a long time to get over the fact that they weren't together anymore. She decided that she'd only talk to him when it was necessary, which means only when it pertained to business. And so far, she had been successful in doing so. Even when he irritated the hell out of her, she reminded herself why she was doing all of this in the first place and it suddenly made it all worth while.

She was currently sat on the floor of her hotel suite with her mother. The two of them were painting each other's nails as soft music played in the background.

"So sweetness," her mother started.

"Yeah?"

"When are you gonna get back out there? You know I want some grandchildren before I leave this place."

Khrys sighed as she drooped her shoulders. Ever since her mother suffered a health scare last year, she'd been on her romantic life like white on rice. As much as she did want to settle down, she didn't see that happening in the foreseeable future. She was just beginning her life and the thought of a serious relationship left an utterly bitter taste in her mouth after what David had done to her. Although she knew she couldn't use that as an excuse to rule out all other potential suitors in her life, she could at least use that to give her a break from dating right now. She was young and full of life and wasn't keen on bringing another one into the world anytime soon.