Chapter 6

It was a cool, crisp day in October, which was highly unusual for California. Regardless, Khrys had decided to pull out a sweater dress she had been dying to wear. She was on break from filming for a few weeks, due to one of her costars contracting the flu. So today, she wanted to get out and maneuver around the city at her own leisure.

Most of everyone she usually hung out with were on their own busy schedules so now was the perfect time to relax. Khrys scrutinized herself in the mirror before deciding that she was satisfied with her look and headed out the door. It was nearing lunch time and she had heard about this oh-so-wonderful sushi bar and restaurant that was near by her hotel. Naturally, her being a foodie, she stopped in to see what all the hype was about.

After a long while trying to catch a cab and an even longer while getting there, Khrys finally made it to her destination. Upon entering the restaurant, her nostrils were greeted with the scent of uncooked fish. And she loved every bit of it. She eagerly stood in line waiting her turn to order when she felt a hand grasp her shoulder. As she turned to the person who grabbed her, she grimaced. Of course it would be David of all people, must be her lucky day. Not!

David had the nerve to be standing there, looking down at her, a smug look on his face. A face she'd most definitely love to slap right now. Yet, she also didn't want him to have the satisfaction of knowing he got under her skin. So, she answered as cordially as she could possibly manage.

"Hello, Daniel."

"It's David?" He responded, a puzzled look replacing the smirk that was just there seconds ago.

"Yeah, that's what I said, Damien."

He stared at her, dumbfounded.

"Your sock is untied." She added, pointing down at his feet.

"Oh, thanks." He replied before bending down to fix his shoe and repeating her statement in his head once he realized his laces were perfectly in-tact. "Wait a minute,"

"I can help the next customer." The woman at the register said, all of a sudden.

"Saved by the small Asian woman." Khrys mumbled to herself. She quickly walked over to the register and paid for the buffet, almost snatching the receipt and pacing to the sushi bar. As she looked over the variety that was available, she heard her name being called.

"God, please send some back up. I don't wanna have to show my ass today. Please, I'll do anything." She silently prayed. Although she did turn around, the last thing she needed was for the asswipe to keep calling her and bring attention to them both. She could do without a stampede of fans right now. David included.

"Can we talk?" He started to plead. "Just for a few minutes?"

Khrys couldn't help but to stump her foot and pout. "If I agree, will you please leave me the hell alone so I can enjoy my day off?" She asked, using her eyes to silently beg him to say yes.

"Yes, I promise."

"Fine."

They silently walked over to the bar and stacked their individual plates and Khrys walked off to find a table, not even bothering to ask David to follow her. Like he'd have a hard time doing that. Once seated at a table, she sat back in her seat and watched David approach and cautiously take a seat across from her.

"Why are you following me?" She started.

"Wow you're really vain aren't you?" David laughed. The sound alone made her nauseous. "I was actually in the neighborhood and thought I'd try this place out."

"Mhm, sure."

"I'm serious."

Khrys folded her arms over her chest and huffed. "There's not one piece of sushi on that plate." She stated.