Chapter 9

Thought I'd add a pic so you guys could see kinda how I envisioned Khrys. Isn't she pretty? Enjoy!

Things had been going great between Marshall and Khrys. After that night, they agreed to keep in contact and to meet up again whenever they could. Sadly, just as he had said before, Marshall had to return back to Detroit a few days later. However, that didn't stop their friendship from blossoming. They called and texted each other regularly, which always seemed to keep Marshall in a good mood as of late. He could have had the shittiest day and a simple call or text from Khrys could brighten up his whole attitude.

It was the week of Marshall's birthday and after about a few days of deliberations, he finally decided to invite Khrys to attend a birthday party he was hosting. He wasn't necessarily a big fan of celebrating, but Proof convinced him into doing so. He assured him that since he had the chance go all out and do what he wanted, that now was the time. So Marshall agreed with him and invited a bunch of his newer and much richer acquaintances.

"Are you sure you want me to come?" Khrys asked shyly, when he'd brought it up to her over the phone.

"Yeah, of course I'm sure. Why wouldn't I want you to?"

"Will Kim be there?"

Marshall froze, was she really worried about being seen by Kim? It's not like they were doing anything wrong, but then again, Kim did chew him out over some of the smallest things.
He'd also done the same to her. So Marshall did what he could do at the moment to make her feel secure, he only told her half of the truth.

"Yeah, she will. But she doesn't suspect anything and she definitely won't mind. Don't worry about her though, just come for me."

"That's what he said." She mumbled.

Marshall chuckled at her remark.

"Come on, don't change the subject. It'll be so many people there that she won't even notice you." He tried to assure her.

He wanted nothing more than for her to be there. He knew that she'd make this party fun and he hadn't seen her in two weeks and it had been pure torture. Besides, there was nothing wrong with inviting his female friends, right?

"Okay, okay. I'll be there. I'll ask Jonathan to book a flight."

"What if I wanted to fly you out myself?" He asked, pretending to be offended.

"Marshall, I'm not a side piece."

Khrys didn't hold any certain tone in her voice in that moment and it made him a little uncomfortable. He couldn't tell whether she was joking or not. Did she really feel that way, or was she just assuring him that she could handle things herself? He had come to learn that it was hard to determine whether or not she was being playful if he couldn't see her. So instead of asking her, he retaliated with a joke.

"Oh no baby, you're the whole plate. Entree included."

When he heard her giggle, he breathed a sigh of relief. If she wasn't feeling playful then, she definitely was now.

"What about dessert?" She teased.

For some reason, that question sent all his blood rushing down to his crotch. He shifted in his seat as he responded.

"Are you offering?"

"Am I?"

He knew she was joking, but something about the underlying tone of this conversation made him think there was much more to it. She was throwing out bait and he so badly wanted to let her reel him in. He could imagine her laying out for him, offering herself to him. Just like a Caramel Apple Pie A La Mode. He knew he couldn't give in, not just yet. And as much as he loved being friends with her, he couldn't deny that he wanted more. He felt guilty, because he felt like he was leading her on. Even though she understood the situation, it wasn't fair to her that he wanted her but didn't make a move just because of his own fucked personal life. However, in the heat of the moment, he used the head between his legs and not the one on his shoulders.