Chapter 5

September 23, 1999

"Girl, he's looking over here again."

"Yeah? Well, I'd be a lot more flattered if he was single." Khrys replied with an annoyed puff. She was currently taking a break on set and her co-star Johnny, kept flashing her sly little grins. Yes, THE Johnny Depp. Not like she'd tell anyone because, who'd believe her?

"What? He's not?" Her other costar, Reese asked.

"Nah. He has a whole girlfriend and I heard he just had a daughter as well. Plus, we've been conversing here and there. It's mostly banter."

Khrys giggled lightly as Reese pouted in his direction and crossed her arms. "How unfortunate." She suddenly perked up and turned towards Khrys, lightly tapping her shoulder.

"Yes?" Khrys asked, looking up from her script once again.

"Any update from the other guy?" She beamed.

"What guy?"

"You know, Mister 'must not know how to pick up a phone and ask a girl out to lunch'." Reese sing-songed.

Khrys shrugged. It had been another week and Marshall still hadn't made any effort to get in contact with her. However, she didn't wanna make the first move either, in fear of scaring him off or coming across desperate. It'd happened once before and she'd made a fool of herself. Not only was the guy not interested in her. He'd made it publicly known, embarrassing her in the process. And that was not a road she was willing to cross again.

"On a scale of one to ten, how bad do you want me to get laid?"

"Five hundred." Reese deadpanned.

The two women laughed at Reese's faux seriousness and Johnny had gotten an ear full of their giggling fits. He strolled over to the hysterical duo and propped his elbow against the armrest of Khrys' chair. The laughter came to a halt as they both turned to look up at him. He cleared his throat and brought his attention to the redhead and held up his script.

"I was wondering if, you wanted to practice lines for a bit before we're due back on set?" He spoke smoothly, his voice sounding like drops of molasses in the summer sun.

Reese and Khrys looked at each other, both of them struggling to contain their laughter. Khrys shrugged and stood up from her chair, swiftly walking by Johnny towards the trailers. "Why not." She responded. They all headed in her trailer, where they practiced lines for the next half an hour.

———————————————————————

Marshall was currently putting a puzzle together with Hailie. This was the third time in a row Kim 'supposedly' couldn't keep her. Which meant, either ask aunt Betty to keep her (which he was getting tired of asking) or bring her to California with him again. Obviously he had done the latter. He didn't mind but every time he needed her keep Hailie, she made some excuse for why she couldn't.

She knew he was here to help make money for the household and she wasn't making it easy. As much as he loved Hailie, having a three-year-old running around the studio distracted everyone from the work that needed to be done. They had argued about this time and time again and there seemed to be no solution, so all he could do was deal with it accordingly.