Chapter 8, pt.2

After their heart-to-heart, Khrys and Marshall went back to goofing off as if nothing ever happened. This, Marshall was extremely grateful for, the last thing he needed was to make anything awkward between them. He felt he was already skating on thin ice. But as she poked and teased at him, he realized everything was all good, at-least for now.

It was 8:39 by the time they made it to the restaurant. They were surprised to see that it wasn't as packed tonight. Which meant, they more than likely could enjoy a meal without being hounded by a slew of fans. Anthony had parked off to the side of the building and got out to let the two passengers out, both of them thanking him in the process.

Marshall held his hand out for Khrys to take, and he felt his face warm up when she intertwined their fingers together. Once they got to the door, she stopped him with a questionable expression on her face.

"What's up?" Marshall asked.

"Don't you always have these big, burly security guards around you at all times?"

"Usually I do, yeah. But I didn't want them to be in the way tonight. I like to feel normal sometimes. Plus they draw a lot of unwanted attention in public places. I figured since it was just us and we're only having dinner, it wouldn't be that big of a deal." He explained.

Khrys nodded in understanding.

"I get that, I would just feel bad if you got hounded tonight."

He waved off her concern, with a smile on his face. "Don't worry 'bout it. We'll deal with it if we have to. Now come on, I'm starving like a bitch."

They both laughed, before heading into the restaurant. As they entered, they took a look around the place. It was pretty swanky and definitely brand new as Marshall had mentioned. It was elegant but not over the top, pretty comfortable actually. They approached the hostess, who then asked for a name.

"Mathers." Marshall simply stated.

The hostess let out an "ah" before turning toward the tables. "Right this way."

She led them to the back of the dimly lit restaurant, the further back they went, the more secluded it was. They stopped in front of a booth in the back, right next to a deck that led to the outside tables.

"We followed up on your request and tried to give you as much privacy as possible."

Marshall thanked the hostess and slid into his seat while Khrys did the same. Once they were sat comfortably, the hostess handed them their menus and assured them that their server would be back to assist them as soon as possible. Once she walked off, Marshall leaned over the table to speak to Khrys.

"I hope you don't mind that I asked for a booth, I hate sitting up in chairs."

She shook her head. "It's okay, I do too. This is fine, trust me." She assured him as she picked up a menu.

As she looked over it, Marshall took the time to stare at her. She was truly beautiful, surely everyone that's ever seen her would know it. But even the simple things she did, such as blinking, took his breath away. He wasn't sure how he lucked up by getting her to agree to have dinner but he was currently thanking God for having his side this time.

He thought about what she said back in the car.

"I deserve to be with someone who wants me and only me. I've been cheated on enough already."

He certainly agreed. However, he wanted to know who'd have the audacity to hurt her. He hadn't known her long but, every interaction he's had with her had been smooth. He couldn't even imagine being with anyone else while sitting here with her at the moment and he had a whole wife. He wanted to ask her about it, but he thought that'd be a little too invasive at the moment, so he'd just wait.