Chapter Eight

Janja flopped on top of the bed and let out a sigh in relaxation. Everyone settled themselves in the tent either slacking or having a conversation. On the bed, Janja laid there cozily as Kion and Jasiri casually talk while Bunga sat near the edge. Ono perched himself on the back-rest of the chair as he talked with Beshte who laid on the ground. Fuli walked towards the bed with Anga on her back. Even though the eagle is a bit heavy, she didn’t mind.

   “Hey, Kion,” The cheetah called, getting his attention.

   “What is it, Fuli?”

   “Since you have been around Nathan, We want to know what that thing does.” With her paw, she pointed at the music player above the drawer. Kion looked at what she is pointing and a small smile formed in his face, it is one of the things he loved the most about his friendship with Nathan.

   Kion stood from the mattress and leaped down as he approached it across the tent. He stopped in front of it, the drawer standing almost in an eye-length height before turning his head to them.

   “This is what they call a music player,” He glanced at it then back at them. “It is actually invented to play music and songs that are known to human history and modern time.”

   “Poa,” Beshte exclaimed, the others are amazed as well. It’s not just from what he said, but as well as how he explains it. “How does it work?” He asked him.

   Kion opened his mouth to answer but soon interrupted when Nathan opened the flaps of the tent’s entrance, getting all their attention.

   “Hey everyone.” He formally greeted, turning his gaze to Kion. “Kion, remember when I promised you a ride?”

   Everyone tilted their head and turned to Kion who stared confusedly before his eyes widen in realization, a wide smile grew in his muzzle.

   “No way, you mean…”

   Nathan nodded genuinely, knowing what he’s preferring. Kion couldn’t contain his excitement and dashed outside the tent, everyone else stayed in their position trying to process what just happened. They all turned and looked at Nathan, confusedly and questioningly. Before he answers, Kion poked his head behind him and asked him, not after giving them a fright.

   “By the way, where are we going?” Kion asked out of embarrassment, grinning sheepishly. Nathan chuckled upon this, thinking that his friend really hasn’t change even after remembering him.

   “Well, surprise, surprise,” Nathan said, looking at the rest then returning at the young lion. “We’re going to The Pride Lands. Your mandrill friend needs to see Rafiki and discuss about what they discovered in the tree. Also, I think it would be great if all of you come along as well,” He explained, then made a hand gesture to come with him as he walked out.

   They all looked at Kion who smiled even wider before saying, “Well, come on!” and followed the boy. With one last look at each other, they soon followed as well.

                              _______

   In a wider field not far from the Tree of Life, a familiar reddish-brown lioness is staring at one of the giant transportation thingies that she had seen before when she was a cub.

   It’s an airship about almost as big as the Tree itself with its large wings folded in two at its sides and a glass-dome ceiling. It has a slant, flat surface in front with a wide, blue windshield, a fin on top and under it, and two rotation thrusters on the backsides of the carrier with one at the top-center. The back is where the entrance is got lowered down into a ramp, showing soldiers going in and out of the ship as making preparations.