Chapter Eleven

It is morning as a certain female cheetah laid low in the grass as she had her eyes on her meal, also the drone that is holding it. Attached to its claw is a large chunk of meat hanging inches above the ground, a leap away from her.

   “Gotcha!” she cried as she leaped out of her hiding place, claws out, ready to strike her target.

   However, this alerted the drone quicker than she expected and moved away in time with Fuli’s claws inches away from the raw meat, much to her dismay, before zooming away. Fuli growled in frustration and chased the speeding air-bot through the trees. This morning, Ronin announced through the speaker about how they’ll be hunting their food through the drones he introduced. Well, to the big cats and the hyenas that is.

   For the badger and egret, there are many bugs roaming around the place for them to feast on as well as the fishes for the bird to prey. For the hippo, the whole interior savannah provides a lot of greeneries for him. Ronin would have let Anga join the “hunt”, but due to her broken wing, she will have to pass and eat the fishes that the white-braided girl, Hera, kindly provided. How lucky of her.

   In the cockpit, Ronin watched carefully through the drones’ cameras as well as the surveillances in the area, a cup of warm tea beside him. The purpose of this method is to maintain their instincts in hunting, as well as preparing for any tricks their preys had in mind.

   Smack!

   “Ouch.”  Ronin said, wincing his face away just after Fuli hit a tree. During the chase, Fuli accelerated to her infamous speed to get close to her target. Unfortunately, it backfired when the drone made a sharp turn, resulting the cheetah to go head first to the tree.

   Fuli groaned and hold her aching head. “Note yourself, never go fast when hunting in a place filled with thick trees,” she said to herself.

   The drone then returned with the meat still intact, followed by a familiar voice coming from it.

   “Sorry about that, Fuli,” Ronin apologized through the drone’s own speaker and then released the chunk in front of her. “I think you have done enough to deserve this, so bon appétit.”

   Hearing this confused the cheetah a lot. “What?”

   “It means ‘Enjoy your meal’” Ronin simply said.

   “Oh. Well, thank you,” Fuli said before digging in to her meal. With that, the drone leaved her in peace.

_______________

   Back at the cockpit, Ronin used his hand to swipe out the camera’s perspective and looked at the next screen. At another camera, he looked just in time to see a red tufted lion snatched out the meat from the drone’s grasp with his mouth.

   “Way the go, Kion!” Nathan cheered from behind, followed by a familiar honey badger who is mindfully eating on a large leaf that is full of bugs.

   Ronin smiled, seeing how close the two rulers are close as if they are brothers. After a moment, he then changed the scene to another one, only to make him shake his head in amusement and pressed the speaker on.

   “Hey Janja, you sure you don’t want to call it quits?” he asked as he watched him literally run in full circle trying to get his meat from the mocking drone. He has to say it, it is hilarious.