Chapter Fifteen

It wasn’t sooner or later that The HawkStar has finally landed its pads at the wide, grassy space of Mbali Fields. The bridge began to open with a steaming hiss before the tip finally touched the ground below. Walking down, the group of animals let the scent of the fresh grass around them breeze to their noses as they breathe in. Janja, for one, is relieved that he won’t be wearing that ridiculous bowtie and his tuft is finally back to its normal style.

   “So,” Vincent spoke as he observed the savannah before him with his hands on his hips. “This is the well known Pride Lands,”

   “Actually, we are in Mbali Fields which is one of many places in the Pride Lands,” Makini said.

   Kion let out a chuckle and turned at the mandrill. “I don’t think that is what he meant, Makini,” he said, making the young Mjuzi blush and rub the back of her head in embarrassment.

   Nathan smiled at the two friends as they interact and looked at Hera who has a large but average shoulder bag and her satchel hanging over one shoulder while her staff is attached to her back.

   “I assumed you bought them with you?” he asked.

   The girl nod and patted the bag, saying that she bought it with her. Nathan amusedly shook his head before clapping his hands to call everyone else’s attention. Once that is done, he announced what will be happening.

   “Okay, here’s what were going to do. First off, Kion and his companions will be going to their family and have some time with them before coming back here, no time limit. Second, Makini and Hera will go to Rafiki’s tree to get some answers or clues of the painting they discovered,”

   To provide understanding, Hera rummage in her satchel and brought out her phone. Upon opening, she looked at the files before projecting the image of the painting. Most of the animals were awed by the device and its functions. It was then Jasiri realized something and spoke up.

   “Hang on, what if the Pride Landers noticed our sudden appearance? The Tree of Life is a few weeks travel and they will question how we got back,” she said, almost everyone else had the same thought. “Also, you didn’t told us if King Simba knows—”

   “If I know what, Jasiri?” a low, threatening voice spoke behind her.

   They all turned to see not only the king himself but the rest of the royal family, Kovu, Zazu, Vitani and her Guard, and the two herds of Mbali Fields . As soon as Nathan saw him, his eyes began to show coldness and anger as he stepped forward from the group, leaving them confused and worried of what is going on. Kion, however, just watched with the same expression as the young man but less.

   Soon, Simba walked in front as well, a threatening glare is shown as he went until he is a yard from him. The atmosphere seemed to grow thicker as both of them stood firm and gave deadly stares. While this continues, Kiara saw his brother at the opposite side along with his team, Makini, Janja, and Jasiri. She was about to go there but was blocked by her mother who looked at her and sternly shook her head.

   “You can go to your brother once this is done,” Nala said and looked at Kovu and Vitani as she continues. “If anything happens, do not engage,”

   Shahaba spoke up at her. “But your majesty—”

   “No, you are not to make a move, understood?” she said authoritatively.

   With no way of winning against her, they just sat there and watch. On the other side, The other animals tried to approach them as well but a stern look from Vincent, Villa, Ronin, Hera, and, surprisingly, Kion made them stop as well. No one said a word for a long time until Simba decided to go first.