Chapter Sixteen

“—Very good performance,”

   As Swala talked to the two, Kiara couldn’t help but feel attached to the human next to her father and Swala. She didn’t know why but she felt like she could trust them but her mind says no. That and she had her boyfriend and sister-in-law, with the Lion Guard, beside her protectively.

   “Why don’t you introduce yourselves to him,  perhaps?”

   Kiara, along with Kovu and Vitani, turned their head to the queen who is smiling at them and gestured to the human boy who is still talking to the herd leader of the gazelles and the king. The princess looked at the boy, taking some calm breathes before finally deciding. Kovu was about to object but saw Kiara walking towards the center while the boy is still busy at his conversation with the two animals.

   “The last time I saw you is when you were still part of your father’s herd,” he said to the gazelle.

    Swala was about to say something when she saw Kiara coming to them. “Oh! Look who’s joining,”

   Nathan turned his eyes and saw Kiara who had stopped beside her father, a bit hesitant and nervous as she looked away.

   “Kiara?” Nathan said, surprising the lioness and getting her attention. Now seeing him closely, the princess felt a vague sense of familiarity from his face. Then, she gasped when she recognized his facial features as one word popped from her mind to her mouth.

   “Nathan?”

   Sadly, the moment was shattered.

   Thud!

   “Hapana!

   Their moment was interrupted when Ono suddenly panicked, in turn getting their attention. At Nathan’s group, they see them crowding an unconscious Ronin while the egret flies above his limp body. After a quick glance with each other, Nathan rushed over with Kiara, Simba, and Swala on tow. Not knowing what to do, the rest of the animals in Simba’s side rushed to them as well while Nala just casually walked like it was a normal thing to her.

   “What in the world happened?” Nathan asked once he kneeled down beside Hera to check the fainted boy’s condition.

   “We don’t know, he just fainted all of a sudden,” the girl replied as she rummaged her satchel before giving herself a disappointed scowl. “Great, I left the bottle of revival scent back at our campsite,”

   As soon as she said that, all the conscious human teens moved all eyes to the young man in the black motor biker outfit while the animal followed in confusion.

   Vincent looked at them with a blank face before covering his face with one hand, muttering under his breath. “It really has to be me, huh?”

   As he kneel down to his knees on the opposite side of Ronin’s body, Kion shuddered upon a sudden thought before voicing it out.

   “Your going to make him do the mouth-to-mouth thing you guys do when there’s an unconscious being?”

   This bought rings of “Eew…” from some of the animals, the females most likely.

    Vincent rolled his eyes and turned his head to them as he explained a few things. “Okay. One, that process is only done if the victim is not breathing. Two, Ronin preferred to have a baboon do it to him,”

   “Which is actually true,” Nathan added.

   “Before anything, let me explain one final thing,” Vincent said. “What I’m going to do is one of many reasons why he preferred having that,”