Chapter Nineteen

The silence is nothing but awkward, uncomfortable, and eerie as every eyes are now gazed at not only the royalties, the Lion Guards (both former and current), and the two hyenas, but all are looking at four new strangers. Kiara gave the brown lion a glare who looked at her with an apologetic smile. All tension were interrupted by howling laughter of some crazy, old monkey.

   Though turning their attention to who it was, they confirmed it is from a crazy, old monkey. In fact, it came from a familiar old mandrill approaching them with a warthog and a meerkat in tow along with Makini and another one of those strangers as well.

   “Ha-ha-ha! Nathan, my boy! The great kings told me that you are coming to visit!” the old mandrill said with his arms out along with the same, usual, cheery tone. Although for others, it sounded in a way different in their mind but kept it for themselves.

   “Well, you could have at least send a message to us,” the meerkat said, crossing his arms while on top of the trotting warthog.

   Nathan glanced at the hornbill. “You didn’t informed them about my arrival?” he asked.

   Zazu shook his head.

   Nathan placed a hand under his chin and thought about it before answering casually. “Oh well, at least they know now,”

   It wasn’t long until one elder elephant caught up to what the old Mjuzi said and softly gasped with wide eyes.

   “Wait… Nathan Evermane?” she said out of the blue.

   It is loud enough for every animal to hear as mutters of conversations jumbled over the other. Those who are confused (namely the Outlanders and some Pride Landers) either looked around them or asked around. Because of this, they didn’t notice the king speaking out.

   “Excuse me!” Simba called, failing to get their attention. “Everyone, would you please calm dow—”

   Before he could finish, a loud sound boomed over the area that sounded like a very, very, deep trump of an elephant and by defining loud, it was ‘make-your-ears-ring’ kind of loud. Soon, the noise stopped, leaving everyone a bit disorient until they recover their senses.

   Kiara shook her head to remove the remaining haziness in her and turned her head to her brother. In fact, every eyes of those who knew and recognized the loud sound, including some of the Pride Landers, glared at the red tuft lion prince who was looking away and whistling innocently. It didn’t last long when, out of nowhere, something whacked him hard at the back of his head.

   “Ow!” Kion exclaimed then rubbed the sore spot and glared behind him to see Nathan happily twirling Rafiki’s staff single-handedly before stopping and giving it back to the old mandrill. Ignoring the teen lion, Nathan turned his head and nodded at the king.

   Simba smiled and nod back in understanding before turning his head to all the Pride Landers in front.

   “Now, I know some of you are confused to who they are. So, allow us to explain,” he said and gestured towards Nathan and the group. “This young human boy here is Nathan Evermane, he’s my nephew and was crowned king at another kingdom a winter ago,”

   They are shocked upon hearing this and murmurs began to escalate again. This time, even the ones who are unfamiliar of this news. Meanwhile, Vitani looked at the boy with a raised eyebrow.