▀▄▀▄🎀 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 4 🎀 ▄▀▄▀

May
--------------------------

Kairi woke up little bit disoriented, then remembered what had happened earlier. He remembered falling asleep in Mattia's lap, but now the black-haired man was nowhere to be seen.

Kairi sneezed, his whole body shaking from it, and whimpered. His head felt like a sledgehammer was shattering his skull. Wrapping himself up in the thickest, fluffiest blanket he could find, the small man shuffled downstairs, tripping over the blanket multiple times.

Mattia was working in the living room, his computer open on the coffee table. His hair was messy, and he was shirtless. He was wearing his glasses, the thick frames complimenting his features,

Kairi silently shuffled over, and laid down on the cushions next to Mattia. He laid his aching head in the other man's lap, mumbling a small 'hi'.

"Hi sweetheart." Mattia ran his hand through Kairi's hair, massaging the younger's scalp. Kairi moaned in satisfaction, the older man's fingers making the pain in his head disappear.

"What are you working on?" Kairi asked, letting Mattia's hand travel to scratch his back.

"Just some documents." Mattia said, bending to kiss Kairi. "Are you feeling better?"

"Head hurts like a bitch. Other than that, I'm fine." Kairi replied.

"Well, let's go get you some medicine then." Mattia got up to grab the Tylenol and a glass of water. He came back, and handed them over.

"Thank you," Kai mumbled, downing the pill and water. The fluid was refreshing, he hadn't really had anything to drink all day.

"Are you hungry?" Mattia asked, leaning back into the couch so Kairi could lay down again. "You slept for a while, it's almost six."

Kairi shook his head, and mumbled 'no', right as his stomach growled loudly.

"I can tell," Mattia laughed, and grabbed his phone. "Wanna just order pizza?"

Kairi nodded. His stomach growling wasn't because he was hungry. If anything it was the opposite. He felt gross and bloated, despite the fact that he had had nothing to eat since 9 am that morning.

Mattia ordered the pizza, which would come in about twenty minutes. Kairi snuggled further into the blankets, his embarrassment growing as his stomach continued rumbling painfully. Kairi was almost fully enveloped by the blanket cocoon when Mattia realized what he was doing.

"Baby, you do know that I don't care about the noises, right?" Mattia said, uncovering Kairi.

"It's fucking embarrassing." Kairi whispered, Mattia barely catching what he said.

"Okay, but there's nothing to be embarrassed about. It happens to everyone." Mattia said, pulling the blankets fully away from his husband's face. "You're sick, and you're hungry. It's fine."

"'M not hungry though," Kairi whispered, voice quivering. "It hurts."

"Baby, no don't cry sweetheart." Mattia pulled Kairi onto his lap. "What hurts?"

"Everything..." Tears dripped down Kairi's face as he hugged his middle. " I don't know why! I feel so gross, and my stomach's making all these weird noises and my head hurts, and I can fucking breathe because I can't use my nose!"

Mattia pulled Kairi close, and rubbed his back. "Aw, come here. Just let it out, you're okay."

Kairi cries got louder as he got more upset. His grip on Mattia tightened, afraid the man would leave. Not that he ever would.

"Hey, you gotta calm down a little bit bubba. Try and breathe with me." Mattia was nervous Kairi would start hyperventilating, and he really didn't want that to happen. Kairi managed to match his breathing with Mattia's, and calmed down.

"I'm sorry for that, it was stupid." Kairi murmured, once he'd collected himself.

"It wasn't stupid," Mattia said, running his hands down Kairi's sides. "You said you weren't feeling well, you probably don't have a good grip on your emotions. Can't blame anything."

At that moment the doorbell rang, signaling the pizza's arrival. Mattia got up and went to pay for it while Kairi grabbe the remote. He pulled up Netflix and was browsing the movies when Mattia came back, having stopped in the kitchen for plates, napkins, and drinks. He handed kairi a bottle of water, and a paper plate.

"Serve yourself." Mattia laughed when Kairi struggled to sit up. The two sitting so close had made an awkward divot that was difficult to get out of. Kairi finally succeeded, and got himself a slice of pizza. He grabbed a napkin and started blotting off the grease.

"Shit..." Kairi looked down at the cheesy mess in his hands. The grease, as well as the cheese had come off in one gooey blob. "You gouda brie kidding me."

Mattia paused in his eating, and stared. "You did not just make a cheese pun about a cheese mess..."

"Oh queso it's not one of my best jokes." Kairi smiled, and bit into his now cheese-less pizza.

"Stop," Mattia laughed, swatting at the man next him.

"You're de-grating my humour!"

Mattia laughed again, and got up off the couch.

"Why are you leaving?" Kairi's smile dropped. "I'll stop with the cheese jokes, I'm sorry! I'll even let you choose the movie!"

"Chill out bub, I was refilling my drink!" Mattia came back into the room and plopped on the couch. Kairi snuggled up next to him and grabbed the remote.

"Good, I thought I was gonna be provolonely for the movie."

"And you just lost movie-choosing privileges. Now I get to pick first." Mattia snatched the remote, and playfully bonked Kairi's nose.

"Hey, my jokes were gouda though!"

"KAIRI!!"

"Alright, chill out.....Cheesus Crust."

"And now there's a pizza joke."

"There's always pizza jokes."

--------------------------
idky i think of them like this, but it's cute, right?

i think so

-vae